Honor Among Thieves Quest

Jay73313

I've checked both areas, and he's not in either location... I fear I might have killed him, but for the life of me I can't remember. I know it's an old thread, but I saw a post back in Jan 2017 about an update including an alternate means of acquiring the key (since there's no way to know later in the game you'd be screwed if he dies)

I was just curious if that alternate means was ever created, or possibly an alternate means of acquiring the Composite Bow itself

JW Proctor

I've checked both areas, and he's not in either location... I fear I might have killed him, but for the life of me I can't remember. I know it's an old thread, but I saw a post back in Jan 2017 about an update including an alternate means of acquiring the key (since there's no way to know later in the game you'd be screwed if he dies)

I was just curious if that alternate means was ever created, or possibly an alternate means of acquiring the Composite Bow itself
Just piggybacking on this...was there ever an update???

VDX_360

Staff member
Oh this is a blast from the past, but I can see how it might relate for a returning player.

Killing Rolf Ehrar in Don't Shoot the Messenger prevents the quest Honor among Thieves from existing. That prevents the player from getting Ruby Key with number 2, and in turn prevents the player from getting the unique items Maul of Desecration, and the Composite Bow.

Whew... that's a long cause and effect.

If you kill Rolf and set the entire mess into motion, a player can still get powerful mauls comparable to the Maul of Desecration, and powerful bows comparable to the Composite Bow. However, no other maul does death damage like the Maul of Desecration, and no other bow hits with as much pure physical damage as the Composite Bow.

So, if you kill Rolf, you're not screwed combat wise, but you do loose access to two unique weapons.

Decisions have consequences, sometimes nasty ones.

JW Proctor

That is incredible news... I figured as much. Lol This will most definitely be a hit to the ol' OCD. Good thing my therapist is on speed dial. Cheers.