Lesser known game mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

feldon

Loreseeker
This will be the starting point for an eventual 'manual' that will appear at least on the wiki. Discussion and additions from the community are requested to make this as comprehensive as possible.

Load Screen
1. Clicking the 'folder' next to the character's file accesses their save files, allowing you to load from any save.
2. 'Backup files' should be used regularly. Save these EK.bak files to a separate device or email them to yourself to ensure a minimal loss of game data should anything happen to your device or original save files. This is the only method to prevent data loss as there is no cloud based saving available yet.

In-game options
1. Aside from volume and brightness controls, you can also turn the battle log on or off. When on, the battle log shows the last few actions on the top of the screen by your health/mana bar.

In-game screen
1. Clicking on your portrait/companion's portrait opens the inventory screen.
2. Clicking the area next to your health bar will open the full battle log. This contains the last 100 actions, including XP gains, rewards, damage taken/given, secrets, etc.
3. For even more battle log info, click on the battle log area and a full list of the last 100 actions is shown.

Inventory screen
1. The details section (button located above damage stats) shows you detailed information about your play through, including damage, monsters killed, quests completed, secrets found, and more.
2. To access your companion's setup, click on their portrait in the bottom right corner. Any equipment or potion selected will be applied to your companion. This is how you can equip, heal and buff your companion.
3. When viewing an item's description window, clicking on the light blue text will provide more information on the trait. Information in dark blue means it is important, usually related to a quest.
4. There are 5 provided quick slots. To set these, press the 'quick slots' button below your inventory. To assign, tap on a slot from your inventory. This slot, not the item, in the inventory is now quick slotted and will show on the bottom right portion of your in-game screen. This can used as a quick way to access potions and scrolls or as a method to switch between weapons if you enjoy using different weapons for different situations.

Skills screen
1. There is a small Slot button to the right of the skill's name in the left corner. Use this to assign up to 4 skills to be shown on the right side of the In-game screen.

(That's all I can think of for now. As more are posted here, I will update this original post.)

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
When attacking a mob, you do not need to stop the attack to use a skill... While pressing the attack button with one finger, press the icon for the desired active type skill with another.

Warrior.Jay

feldon":1s1s6qfp said:
This will be the starting point for an eventual 'manual' that will appear at least on the wiki. Discussion and additions from the community are requested to make this as comprehensive as possible

This is what I was suggesting the other day when we were discussing the loading options. This is a really good start to a detailed instructions manual. Maybe even list the more obvious options, like the Forum and Support buttons on the main menu. and the initial setup screen where you select your class. And more details about the Traits and Skills tabs and leveling your character....

Lol it would have helped me out a lot! I'm still learning certain functions of the game. I wasn't aware the the folders beside your saved game slots had a function, to load your game. And a few others weren't aware of the Details tab on the character sheet... its a good idea.

Warrior.Jay

Just now learned another feature... in your skills tab, when you click on one of your active skills, the big title bar in the top left that says the name of which ever skill you have highlighted, it has a SLOT tab on the right side... you have 4 slots for your skills, you can rearrange them, or space them out, or take them off the screen when not using certain skills....

Another one I've managed to over look the entire time and didn't know existed. Lol

Dimidium

This is good stuff... Should be on page 1 of the owners manual. Great idea to post this. +1

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
A manual, yeah I guess I should do one. I've always tried to make everything self-explanatory, but I am aware a few things remain a bit hidden. Many people never notice the Details page, the quickslots, or the skill slots assignation menu.

Dimidium

DavidBVal":3fdlwzgq said:
A manual, yeah I guess I should do one. I've always tried to make everything self-explanatory, but I am aware a few things remain a bit hidden. Many people never notice the Details page, the quickslots, or the skill slots assignation menu.

...And you've done a great job of making your GUI and the game itself very intuitive. It makes sense and works well. The tutorial could be a bit more informative on some of the items posted here though.

JediWombat: Yes, it works great doesn't it. I love hotkeying weapons this way.

Ospie

Ah, this is great. I didn't know how to heal my companion, there were certain areas I would have found somewhat easier if I had! Didn't know a few of the others too, although I'm having a blast with the game and overall it is very intuitive.

ClockworkGhost

Town Hall Vaults

The vaults you can purchase are available from every town, you don't need to go back to the town you originally bought them in. Vaults allow for extra storage of objects you won't be using whilst out in the wilderness, or in dungeons.

Frannyta

ClockworkGhost":2sk7gvup said:
Town Hall Vaults

The vaults you can purchase are available from every town, you don't need to go back to the town you originally bought them in. Vaults allow for extra storage of objects you won't be using whilst out in the wilderness, or in dungeons.

Oooh omg thanks i didnt knew that, i was a little bored to go all the time to new garand to store my items lol

Status
Not open for further replies.