The Shadow Orb Quest

xrex110

Hi there,

I've been trying to complete the Shadow Orb quest for a significant amount of time now, but I'm simply unable to kill the beast inside the cage in the New Car and sewers. Which leads me to ask, is there a trick or something to finishing the quest which doesn't involve fighting him? I'm a pretty good fighter in game and pride myself on clearing out dungeons with single potion uses only, but that boss fight is ridiculously savage. Its been getting very frustrating. Any help, even a hint would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know where to find the orc courier for the orc battle plan s quest? I've tried everything, but I can't find him or the plans. I only need a small hint if anybody is kind enough.

Thanks!

P'S: If you're the dev and you're reading this, things up man. You've made an awesome game!

Eliadann

Two things. Get yourself a silver sword, or a bunch of healing pots.

As for the orc battle plans, drop rate is low on standard orcs, and higher on captains, sergeants and the like. So try and look in the orc lair, or pick from town hall quests to hunti down orc bosses.

- Elia

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Eliadann":3dnq50wq said:
Two things. Get yourself a silver sword, or a bunch of healing pots.

As for the orc battle plans, drop rate is low on standard orcs, and higher on captains, sergeants and the like. So try and look in the orc lair, or pick from town hall quests to hunti down orc bosses.

- Elia

See, I really really should add many more rumors in taverns, including nice hints like how to defeat certain monster types (silver, fire, etc). Noted!

About the encounter difficulty, yeah the idea is making it horrible, probably requiring level 9+, although doable with the right equipment.

Eliadann

It might be also that the gossip general skill grants chances of getting extra dialogues from NPC´s too, in form of rumours. So the only way to spot a rumour is not going to look for it in a tavern, I mean.

- Elia

Tokyobell

xrex110":3cpckj4g said:
Hi there,

I've been trying to complete the Shadow Orb quest for a significant amount of time now, but I'm simply unable to kill the beast inside the cage in the New Car and sewers. Which leads me to ask, is there a trick or something to finishing the quest which doesn't involve fighting him? I'm a pretty good fighter in game and pride myself on clearing out dungeons with single potion uses only, but that boss fight is ridiculously savage. Its been getting very frustrating. Any help, even a hint would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know where to find the orc courier for the orc battle plan s quest? I've tried everything, but I can't find him or the plans. I only need a small hint if anybody is kind enough.

Thanks!

P'S: If you're the dev and you're reading this, things up man. You've made an awesome game!

i know its frustrating at first, but i chose the right time when i should do the quest. i am just like yourself, i rarely use potions when hunting and rely on recovery skills, but dungeon and bosses are different... i had to chug 4 or 6 60 hp recovery potions ( yeah i am cheapy LOL) when i knew i cannot beat the boss. especially groto boss and grave yard boss...

and i wish david would make north sagar boss respawnable...... lol

btw I've just replay the mission and i think we only got two options, kill or pay

orc battle plan is very likely carried by lvl 5 or 3 orcs, you can find them in Kingsbridge or the town next to Kingsbridge

xrex110

Eep! Seems like my luck finally worked! Right after I posted this, I went and players, but this time I took Grissenda and another companion, along with 3 medium healing pots, and made it through the boss fight! I got the orb, and gave it to the wizard in Kingsbridge. I have a complaint though. He dissapeared shortly after I gave it to him, saying that he's got other stuff to do. I really wanted to complete the cloak quest he had, but I never could because of Adaon(damn him right?) Is it intentional that you want the cloak quest to be completed before the orb or is it sonething you possibly overlooked?

ALSO I found the battle plans! In the Urgulvashinitsheixbskdh lair, right after the dining room part in it. I won't reveal it's location in case anyone comes looking, but as a hint I suggest looking around Lingsbridge and the orc fort!

And lastly, addressed to he dev, do you mind if I make/post a thread with hints for all the non-straightforward quests? Only vague hints, mostly because I don't want to spoil the fun, but through personal experience know how frustrating it can be after a long time. I get that it's fun to figure it out yourself, but after a while it becomes VERY frustrating. Kinda sucks the fun out. Ill only do it if you're fine with it though.

new4or

Eliadann":39h6mwil said:
It might be also that the gossip general skill grants chances of getting extra dialogues from NPC´s too, in form of rumours. So the only way to spot a rumour is not going to look for it in a tavern, I mean.

- Elia

not the gossip skill, but the personality level
it's common practice in some rpgs and is cometimes called charisma

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, didn't know about this, and this means one more quest to do. I'll rehire Adaon and go to Kingsbridge. :D