Bows?

Erit

What is currently the best bow?

Decided to make a ranger rogue since I have already had 2 warriors and I'm quite enjoying the rogue, currently level 6 and just cleared the orc dungeon.

Eliadann

Never made a ranger build myself. Do you think bows are overpowered? I ask this honestly

Thanks,

- Elia

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It is not overpowered, but there is a skill that makes it completely broken because applies and shouldn't, and also some pathing problems make it sometimes exploitable. All of it will get fixed soon.

Sir ShanksAlot

DavidBVal":1kg5hr4b said:
It is not overpowered, but there is a skill that makes it completely broken because applies and shouldn't, and also some pathing problems make it sometimes exploitable. All of it will get fixed soon.
Please dont tell me you mean
Sneak Attack :(
can we get our skill points back at least in that case? lol

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Sir ShanksAlot":268giaqb said:
DavidBVal":268giaqb said:

I totally do. Bows aren't meant to allow you to go hitting for 30s enemies without a chance to hit back... bows are meant to do a bit less damage than melee, in exchange of the distance factor. Melee would be pointless otherwise. yeah, I will provide a way to reset in the same update.

Sir ShanksAlot

DavidBVal":1wm8azpc said:
Sir ShanksAlot":1wm8azpc said:
DavidBVal":1wm8azpc said:

I totally do. Bows aren't meant to allow you to go hitting for 30s enemies without a chance to hit back... bows are meant to do a bit less damage than melee, in exchange of the distance factor. Melee would be pointless otherwise. yeah, I will provide a way to reset in the same update.

Would you consider a bow skill like stab then? With a cool down factor?

Erit

DavidBVal":28rnztgh said:

I totally agree, I have found some spots where I can stand and not get hit at all, which makes it extremely easy to farm xp and gold.
I think sneak attack is ok as it is though, if it wernt for grissenda I would find the ranger an unplayable class as you go further into the game. Especially with the lack of hp rogues have.