Cleric balance

Ethan185

I feel currently cleric is very under balance any one else agree. I feel he is too weak he needs more damage. Strangely my rogue is able to take more pain than cleric .
David if you read this make the ratio heal better and damage scaling higher also nake the heal target companions

Unknown

Well cleric imo has 2 main problems concerning damage. Firstly the available weapons SUCK - period.
Secondly and more importantly clerics have to rely on mana for sustain as well as damage. On a rogue you can just wait for your stab cooldown and quickly kill single targets, warrior has excellent aoe and powerfull cooldown abilites aswell.

Now on a cleric you lack good weapons and have skills that not only also have a cooldown, but use mana as a ressource that just as life doesnt refill by itself.
Imo to improve clerics you could give them different toolsets, heals that also heal companions which is whats planned is a good start. But also the holy warrior aspect could be strengthened. Why cant clerics use swords? If not by default, why not at least give them the ability to learn how to handle other melee weapons than daggers and maces.
For example you could maybe buff Arbeno's Might. The increase in mana cost feels too harsh, actually it would make more sense to decrease its mana costs to maybe be a free buff with a certain cooldown at rank 3, just like warriors and rogues have.
Make it a player choice to go down the path of the righteous warrior shattering his foes by brute force, or to ascend as a holy Priest, bolstering his allies. Maybe even give us the option to become a holy avenger who, enraged by the death of his companions smashes everything in his wake, possibly at the cost of taking increased damage during that period due to his recklessness.

Well, went a bit off topic here but yeah, cleric needs some improvements - and has the best potential to become the most awesome class.

malignity

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that playing a cleric is tough. I'm level 8, and I die all the time.

I have my warrior companion set up with fury and a bow because UI is buggy that the only way I can consistently get them to attack is over my shoulder. lol

Using the silver/silvery mace or whatever from a quest, which as far as I've found is the best weapon in the game for me right now. Maybe there is better, but I have not found it yet. I'm wearing full cleric armor and shield.

I take a lot of damage and am having to often rotate healing potions and healing spells just to remotely stay alive. In beating the orc king, i used about 9 healing potions and all of my mana just on healing along with attack potions and protection potions. That battle alone cost me about 2,000 gold in potions.

More points in healing should increase the amount healed and DECREASE the amount of mana used, not increase it. I think that alone would make clerics more balanced. We may not be the fastest killers, but we could tank like mad and take boat loads of damage. I think that might be a good idea.

Ultimately, you gotta pay to play the cleric anyway, so it shouldn't be the hardest class in the game. I noticed there are two difficulty levels above the one I'm playing, and there's no chance a cleric would survive them.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Cleric is getting a lot of attention soon, don't worry.

His combat stats are working as intended, but his power will be more efficient, and will scale up better. Also, mana potions are being introduced now, and those will make the cleric very efficient, compared to using health potions, not to mention they can be used for offensive spells too.

More details coming soon.