Damage boosting skills and effects

Eliadann

Hi,

I have some doubts I´d like to clarify. There are several types of damage (physical, fire, cold, death, and so on) and there damage boost effects such as Fury, Charge or Whirlwind for the warrior (cannot think of any of these for other classes right now).

I am wielding a weapon that deals fire damage, will this part of the damage be boosted up through any of the above effects or skills? I am somewhat confused because whenever I equip these weapons, it counts towards DPS, but when looking into combat log (when in Fury), the Fire damage does not seem to be boosted at all.

Thanks!

- Elia

Sir qu

U got more damage ex i use. A cleric with mace +2 Fire dmg. If i use a abylity att +4 Fire dmg i cause this dmg mace hitFire mace dmgabylity Fire dmg Deal 6 Fire dmg in total and physical atk dmg. Srry for my english

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Eliadann":1szfhgdo said:
the Fire damage does not seem to be boosted at all.

I noted only physical (or normal?) damage gets bonuses from using skill. Additional damage of whatever type isn't affected. So, in a way, you can make more damage (faster kills) with weapon with lower DPS in certain situations.

I carry with me more than one weapon (three actually).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You can see the exact damage you deal in the "details" section of the character sheet. In theory, yes, all damages stack!

Eliadann

My point is:

Since Fury and other damage boosting skills affect physical damage only, it might be that my Fire sword grants me highest DPS when I am not enraged, but when I my health falls below 30%, then I get more benefit from switching to my steel sword, should this one have a higher component of physical DPS only.

I also carry several weapons with me, the thing is that until now I was selecting which one to fight with depending on the monster, and not on my skills build. Not that I am complaining at all, I am happy the way it is, just discussing for the sake of it. I quite like Fury skill, so I better get myself a big sword with highest physical component of damage. We need more weapons, or smithing craft :)

Thanks!

- Elia