Warrior vs Rogue DPS

toopa

Translator
EDIT by DavidBVal: this was moving towards a completely different topic than the title suggests. Split into new topic to make the info easier to locate for others.

In the sewers you can buy a potion to put poison damage on your weapon. Maybe add a potion that adds fire ability? Also would be cool if you could craft that potion with the help of a NPC and some ingredients.

Also, is there a fire weapon for rogues that is easily accessable and not complete garbage? My Grissenda is actually way stronger than me (in dealing damage) and even has lower level. I think on an 1o1 she would own me. Haven't seen a decent rogue weapon for ages to be honest.

Azog

Re: Trolls regeneration

There are good weapons for the rogue. And one of the best weapons actually, if not the best, is a fire based shortsword wich you can get only 1 time throug doing a specific quest on lvl 9...

If Grissenda really haves a higher dps than your character, then you did something wrong with your trait points. :p

toopa

Translator

Comm4nder":2xbjj63w said:
If Grissenda really haves a higher dps than your character, then you did something wrong with your trait points. :p
She has about the same dps but atm I'm level 8 and have 4 base dexterity. My best rogue weapon (considering dps) is Deathclaw 3-7 dmg, + 3 death. For Grissenda i got Icy Greatsword 5-13 damage, + 4 ice...

But Cleave is a very good ability and actually I have the feeling that armor absorbs most of rogue's damage, whereas warriors have so high alpha damage that armor can be basically ignored?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

With Deathclaw you should be doing lots of damage... of course if you take into account skills, I suppose you're using Stab. With a mere Stab 2 you should be finishing off most enemies quickly.

There's a better rogue blade (or two) around. First that comes to mind is

one of the rewards of the fort assault quest in kingsbridge

toopa

Translator

Okay, that's probably the quest that unlocks at level 9. Yeah, my damage is not too bad but against undead it's pretty bad and often you have to fight against 3-4 enemies at the same time unless you run away all the time till only one follows you. But for me it feels (at least to level 8) that there are more (good) warrior weapons and I also would like to see some fast rogue weapons (speed 12-13) that profit from dexterity. Ofc I don't know what is still going to await me, feels a bit weird though.

Azog

Yeah cleave is the best warrior skill. You just could keep your focus on agility to raise your rogues dps, Deathclaw is the 2nd best shortsword actually but you also could use an oaken bow + bow skill, wich always is an good option for rogues.

toopa

Translator

I feel like Deathclaw is rather mediocre because there seem to be many enemies with "undead" resistance. That's why I wanted to have several weapons on alternative if I have to fight multiple ghosts etc. but I have never really gotten one that got acceptable stats.

Don't you think warriors are too strong then? With cleave and very high base damage you can kill tons of enemies in a very short time.

Azog

Don't you think warriors are too strong then? With cleave and very high base damage you can kill tons of enemies in a very short time.
Every class has its own opportunities. A warrior with a two-handed build has the highest dps, but at the expense of overall defence and other abilities. According to warriors here you can see a difference:http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=299

The Deathclaw is good against all mobs and does at least neutral damage , except against undead mobs or some unique npc's who might have death resistance. The same works for all element weapons.
According to rogues and with the actual balancing and contend i would only spend 2 or 3 points into END and the rest into AGI.

toopa

Translator

But when I have 20 armor or 10 armor I don't really feel a big difference. Stronger mobs still deal ~10 dmg with each hit. I'd rather kill my enemies ~50% faster than recieving ~25% less damage from hits because of 10 extra armor

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: [SPLIT TOPIC] - Warrior vs Rogue DPS

Well, I think Rogues excel at fighting a single, strong enemy. You can hit with stab, dance away, set a trap or use kick, waiting for stab to be ready again.

Maybe, only maybe, Cleave should be slightly nerfed. Maybe the number of enemies it could hit should be reduced.

And maybe the Rogue skill Evasion should go, and be replaced by another damage output skill, or a different utility skill.

Advanced skills will probably help to put the roles in their place, but they're not supposed to become available until level 12+, so before that, I really don't want Warriors to have better DPS than rogues.

But when I have 20 armor or 10 armor I don't really feel a big difference. Stronger mobs still deal ~10 dmg with each hit. I'd rather kill my enemies ~50% faster than recieving ~25% less damage from hits because of 10 extra armor

Minotaurs, trolls and others should be hitting for much more than 10 damage. Activate combat log and have a look