Trolls regeneration

Bullbaiter

Now I don't want to come off wrong because I like a challenge just what's the cap on how many times they can regenerate? I had one go 5 rounds before I finally killed it. Usually they do it once or twice but this one just wouldn't stay dead lol

Also the troll hide drop rate, what's that like? I've only gotten one and must have killed several dozen.

Bullbaiter

Comm4nder":1ralgqah said:
Trolls dont like fire

Yes I learned that quickly with my cleric's ability which grants extra damage and fire damage. Also equipped comapnion with a sword of fire that I bought from a shady traveler. Made them a little easier but sometimes they regenerate again and again and again after killing them, gets annoying if your fighting more then one and for that matter they usually come in pairs!!

Also after I posted this the next like two trolls looted hide so I must have gotten lucky lol

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just make sure the final hit has fire damage and they will not Regenerate. You must be hitting a last one with another weapon

Bullbaiter

My cleric doesn't have a fire weapon, only when he casts a spell does he do fire damage. He actually uses a weapon I looted from them, Bonegrinder. I also gave my companion a sword of fire so it helps.

Thanks for the tip!!

Langley

Bullbaiter":3c6434yq said:
My cleric doesn't have a fire weapon, only when he casts a spell does he do fire damage. He actually uses a weapon I looted from them, Bonegrinder. I also gave my companion a sword of fire so it helps.

Thanks for the tip!!

U can get a weapon with fire dmg for clerics
when u clear the fire area in the tower of the main q u will get a mace with fire dmg

Bullbaiter

Interesting I been down there but I didn't have my fire resistance equipment on hand so I doubled back and did t clear the dungeon to get the crystal and decided to do my other quests I had. I'll have to check into that.

Thanks!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I have split the discussion about rogue vs warrior dps into a new thread, as folks will come here looking for troll regeneration as the title suggest.

New discussion here.

RapFTB

Where is the fire mace located? Someone posted that it's in some tower but doesn't explain. Please help. My cleric can't stop regenerative trolls even with spell.