companion limit

spar

Do you think as the game grows and more are added you could increase the companion limit at any time to 2? Would be cool to strategize with different combos or ranges bow in the rear warrior up front cleric in centre etc

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the way the game works, I don't think so. Maybe in sequels/expansions, but it's very hard to have the game adequately balanced for 0, 1 or 2 companions, and it's not easy to give tactical commands in real time.

Langley

I think the game dont need things like that.
I think online mode would be bad too.
Maybe playing with friends would be nice but the game must be bigger for it.

But this game dont need multiplayer features.

VoidWalkerZ

If online it should only be max 2 where the other person can control the companion. But online play would be very difficult thing to implement into the game the way it is built and could possible ruin the experience

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
After 1.0, I will add some online play options, but they'll be entirely separate from the single player game. Like a bonus, to play with a new character. cooperative dungeons and arena.

It will also serve me as experiment to create an online game.

Bullbaiter

DavidBVal":1q07o8u9 said:
After 1.0, I will add some online play options, but they'll be entirely separate from the single player game. Like a bonus, to play with a new character. cooperative dungeons and arena.

It will also serve me as experiment to create an online game.

I hope it takes off and becomes a big hit!!
The next Ultima Online or Diablo!
Good luck with it