Notice anything different? :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
12507422_749227288545453_2770870870366817721_n.png

DragonAge

We can now switch weapons quickly? how will they work exactly? I see it's not just potions/scrolls.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
DragonAge":3v4ypdg8 said:
We can now switch weapons quickly? how will they work exactly? I see it's not just potions/scrolls.

You'll be able to define as quickslots any slots from your backpack or inventory.

If it's from your backpack, and the item can be equipped, you'll equip it. If it can be used (potion, scroll, or any other activable item), you'll use it.

If you make an inventory quickslot, you'll first try to use an activable item, and if it's not activable, nothing will happen.

So if you quickslots your first two backpack slots and put weapons there, you'll be able to switch between weapons with just a click, with the weapons being switched. It'll all be very automatic and easy.

About 2 handed weapons, and shields. to make it easier, and not force you to unequip the shield, I introduced a small change: you can still have a shield in your offhand slot while wielding a 2 hander (or bow), but it will have no effect or bonuses. so switching between 1h and 2h weapons requires no additional clicking. Just switch weapons, shield will become active/inactive automatically.

I needed to implement quick slots now for 2 reasons. First, because I'm going to add usable items, not only scrolls and potions but also things like, boots of speed, ring if invisibility, etc. And those needed quickslots to be usable. and second, because of the mage class, as mages are going to rely heavily on scroll use.

DragonAge

good job there! And well thought about shields, I was wondering, if I'd need to put shield on a slot too...