Strategy: trapsweeping

abstractsense

Loreseeker
I play a Rogue on Hard mode and can detect traps fairly easily. Disarming them, however, can be a huge risk to precious hitpoints. Sometimes that trap can be blocking a door or chest, though, and we can't have that! Here is a little strategy I came up with to handle traps.

Push your companion into them! Try it, it works pretty well. If you know that a trap is usually in a room or hallway, make your buddy go first with a little shove into Spike City.

There is another added benefit, too. If your companion is low on health, the trap will kill them and they will respawn with more health. This can be useful to get more mileage out of your companion in longer dungeons (e.g. Minotaurs), and it's less disruptive than stealthing and suiciding them.

Note: I would never do this to a live companion in the upcoming coop multiplayer mode. :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Heh, you people are clever.

this won't work forever, because at some future update, I'll introduce companion "fatigue". After they die too many times, they'll return home for a few days, so you might need to pick another companion for a while. Of course I'll only add this when I introduce more companions available and a house where you can conveniently keep them.