I may have ducked myself up

Wet orthur (killer)

So basically I had adoan as my companion and I met janod and I didnt act polite (cuz I'm just not smart) and he fought me so I ran and when I came back he wasnt there and it said on my completed mission thing "I decided to fight janod instead of returning the orb of shadows" well I didnt care and went in my way now I'm soo far from that part and level 11 with adoan still now im a mage so I wanted to join the wizards guild to learn stuff and I searched on the wiki and everything but whenever I went to conjurer I wouldnt get an option to give him the orb or anything

So my question is, is there a way for me to be freindly with the wizards again or is it a start over for me

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
After fighting Janod the Conjurer near Icemist should offer you the option to give the orb and 10k gold to get back in good grace with the wizard guild.

If that option doesn't appear there are two possible reasons for it:
- You lost even more reputation with Thuram and the Conjurer doesn't want to help you anymore
- You bought a pardon from one of the towns in Thuram so you are only in bad grace with the Wizards guild and not with Thuram. Since the script for the Conjurer checks both reputations, the dialog option doesn't come up if you are only in bad grace with one of them.

In the first case you might want to try to improve your reputation by buying a pardon. Though I'm not certain that'll always help.

In the second case you'll need to piss off Thuram again to get the dialog option. Get your reputation to at least -10 by failing Town hall quests should make the dialog option appear again.

Wet orthur (killer)

Thanks, but I'm 40- with thuram and the wizards. The only thing that I can come with at this point is to pay a pardon to maybe increase my rep with thuram to like idk 20- or something other than that I'm stuck

Btw I made sure to try every dialogue possible with him, I do have the orb and I do have the money (I have 22k) and it always ends with me dying

Also to be clear we are talking about the conjurer who is in ice mist fjord right?

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
If you are at -40 with both then reputation shouldn't be the issue. And the Conjurer in the icemist Fjord is indeed the correct one.

Did you kill any of the knights standing next to the Conjurer?

Since if you have the gold and the orb, the dialog option should appear? Can you show me some screenshots of the dialog options that are available?

p4ran0id

Staff member
BattleLord":1to4e0a5 said:
If you are at -40 with both then reputation shouldn't be the issue. And the Conjurer in the icemist Fjord is indeed the correct one.

Did you kill any of the knights standing next to the Conjurer?

Since if you have the gold and the orb, the dialog option should appear? Can you show me some screenshots of the dialog options that are available?

I think it's the user called chiller Rex on discord, if so, I have his save file and it seems like a glitch

Here the backup

https://drive.google.com/file/d/166DrhekHsQfFSaT7z4bDXK4nuCa65vNF/
I didn't had time to look on it deeper, but at least the dialogue is not an option for him.

I recommended to use older save (Was only lvl 11,so nothing big) and redo everything.

Ps: not sure if it's the same user, but since it was few hours ago, I think it's the same one

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Wet orthur (killer)":29vzf234 said:
So my question is, is there a way for me to be freindly with the wizards again or is it a start over for me
I think you need to pass a PER 3 check to get the dialogue option for returning the orb. If you have less than that, try to find some items which increase Personality or spend some trait points.