You choose which of these Factions ? [dilemma to finish some quest]

greearmstrong

I am confused, I have to choose between these factions because they contradict each other, as in the story:
- "Golden Hand vs Loreseeker" in The Golden Coven quest.
- "Jetrho (Golden Hand) vs Fritha (New Garand, Varsilia)" in the Spicing Things up quest.
- "Mercia vs Varannari Tribes" in The Price of Freedom quest.

in all that quest, I tried to choose the Loreseeker faction to dig up a lot of information, and chose Mercia to maintain a good reputation with them,
but there is a question in my mind, what are the advantages of supporting the Golden Hand faction ? what are the advantages of supporting the Varannari faction ? and just a survey, what is the majority choice here ?

VDX_360

Staff member
The wiki can help with that... in bits and pieces.
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/

The biggest advantage (rather only) is the access to the Golden Hand trader, that sells a few nifty items early in the game. But, with careful quest planning, one can access the library and the library's shops in one sweep and than not worry about irking the Golden Hand.

There's no real advantage to helping the Varannari, other than it's the decent thing to do. Some quests that help the Varannari give items. One can reduce negative Varannari reputation but not hunting escape slaves or hunting down Varannari witches.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
Most of those choices are more of a choice between doing the morally right thing vs getting advantages.

In the golden hand vs loreseekers debate, the loreseekers are certainly storywise the correct choice, they would use their knowledge for good and helping others with some small benefits like the very useful skill for warriors and rogues to be able to use the more advanced scrolls that require mana. However the golden hand on the other hand offers access to their library which is useful in one quest, gives some free scrolls and a shop with some useful items and discounted potions. Certainly that last one is very useful if you need to buy potions in bulk.

Personally on my first run I fully chose Fritha and the loreseekers. Afterwards I ended up compromising by supporting Jethro but also giving all the books to the loreseekers. That way I ended up having a good reputation with both the golden hand and the loreseekers.

For Mercia vs the Varannari the impact is a bit smaller since you can avoid sinking your reputation too low by doing other quest for them or paying fines in Mercian town halls. Working for the Mercians often gives you gold or magical items while helping the Varannari makes a moral stand against slavery but not much more. If your Varannari reputation gets too low you lose the ability to sell your furs to their hunters that randomly travel around, which is a good early game income.

Even despite all that I personally almost always side with the Varannari. I don't lose too much and freeing them is the right thing to do.

Shane Ross

BattleLord":2j8xvjp5 said:
Personally on my first run I fully chose Fritha and the loreseekers. Afterwards I ended up compromising by supporting Jethro but also giving all the books to the loreseekers. That way I ended up having a good reputation with both the golden hand and the loreseekers.
If you hang up the quest of Fritha until the book of the dead quest. You can give one book to the Golden hand and than choose Fritha and give every book to Loreseekers. Though the reputation at Golden Hand will be low but still can access to the library peacefully

silentpilgrim

If you hang up the quest of Fritha until the book of the dead quest. You can give one book to the Golden hand and than choose Fritha and give every book to Loreseekers. Though the reputation at Golden Hand will be low but still can access to the library peacefully
I thought the same thing as greearmstrong. But I didnt get your answer. I'm suposed to give 1 book to the GH and 2 to the loreseekers?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The correct way of doing this is to give the Spice Token to the Golden Hand Trader and to give the Necro Books to the Loreseekers.

Job done guys. Job done.

silentpilgrim

The correct way of doing this is to give the Spice Token to the Golden Hand Trader and to give the Necro Books to the Loreseekers.

Job done guys. Job done.
I gave the token to the girl couse i wanted to join the cleric guild. Is there any other way to finish the three versus eleven quest then?

Shane Ross

I thought the same thing as greearmstrong. But I didnt get your answer. I'm suposed to give 1 book to the GH and 2 to the loreseekers?
If you want to have a peaceful access to the grey library, the easiest way is to give 1 book to the GH(And the rest of the books whatever). After that even your reputation at the GH is below zero you can still have the peaceful access.