Lost in a book quest?

Silken

Hi guys.

Question. Is it possible to advance this quest without going to the library?

Just wondering how bad it is to have the reputation change if I go the 'kaboom' route to gain access seeing as I don't feel particularly generous towards that faction.....

Thanks. Hopefully I wasn't TOO horribly vague...:D

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
Unfortunately not, you'll need to cross the library one way or another.

If you aren't friendly with the Golden hand and aren't planning on befriending them then your best option is just to kill them all. You'll only lose more reputation with them (and a bit with Mercia) but since you weren't planning on befriending them anyways it isn't too big of a loss.

Trying to sneak by them with invisibility potions doesn't work, the conjurer can see right through them so you'll still have to take the reputation hit.

Silken

I had a sneaking suspicion sneaking wouldn't work. Alas, it'll have to wait then. My level just isn't high enough yet. I get smashed in two seconds...lol! Why do I have a feeling that I'm going to be level grinding for the next week......

p4ran0id

Staff member
Why don't you just get friendly with them, all you need is to give them some books to get a better reputation. Just let that quest go till then.

Silken

I have an additional question.

As of now, I only have 2 books I can give to the Golden Hand as the last book is in the Grey Library which I can't get into & I did the spice quest long ago. Giving the Conjurer the two books brings my Reputation with them to 0. Is there another quest that gives me the +1 that the Wiki says I need to access the library without killing the minions?

Otherwise there's literally no other way than killing them to be able to finish this quest.....