Paralysis! Ironman help

UglyGekko

I'm currently playing a mage on ironman mode and doing alright. I've reached level 14, just got into icemist and have the ankh. I've only ever played on ironman and this is the furthest i've been! But this also means i don't know what is coming up and so i need to extra prepare for everything. My biggest fear atm is paralysis. I found out the hard way that those nasty bugs can paralyze you for 10 seconds (luckily i just narrowly avoided dying)! That is enough to be killed for sure. My question is whether mages have any stun immunity mechanics other than spirit resistance? Or is there any way to break a stun once you are paralyzed?

TLDR: How can a mage become stum immune or break a stun/paralysis?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Best way is to avoid getting paralyzed, just use your companion and summoner to fight them and stay behind at some distance, that way you can flee if it gets dangerous.

UglyGekko

Oh nice! That amulet looks really useful. And +2 awa to boot. Is there any way to break a stun/paralysis once already stuned/paralyzed?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Stun immunity will only half the paralyze time. And there is only a way for warrior to break the paralyze, not for mage. A warrior can use battle rage to break that, but it's the only option.

UglyGekko

Amazing thanks for the info! Just hit lvl 15 and respecc'd to iron golem. Hopefully with my two companions as meat shields i should be alright.