Ironman help!

UglyGekko

Hi veteran ironmen!

I always play games on the hardest difficulty and have been playing an ironman rogue in exiled kigdoms. I'm absolutely loving it and every death is teaching me something new.
After failing around 6-7 times i was finally in a really good groove, reached level 8 and feeling confident. Then i spoke to a shady traveler (as i have many times before) and BOOM he stabs me with a black dagger for 95 damage and i die.
I am fine with this as i have now learnt something new, but i cannot find any information about unexpected deaths or things to look out for on ironman!! Since i have never played the game before i don't know what to expect, which adds to the fun, but i don't like dying when there is no way of knowing it would happen. So before i start my next attempt, what are the unexpected deaths/damage that i need to look out for (like getting stabbed by a shady traveler)??

TLDR: playing on ironman, what unexpected deaths or serious damage that cannot be foreseen do i need to look out for?

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
As an ironman player myself, this is the list with unexpected dangers I could think of. I tried making them vague enough that they aren't big spoilers

- Shady traveller: It's your own mistake though. Didn't you learn not to speak with evil looking strangers?
- Enhancing yourself more then once in the Ark: It warns you that it can have side effects and of course those side effects are a high chance of death.
- Dare to speak up against a literal god: This one should be obvious.
- Anger freetown women: If you die from this event you deserve it though.
- Jump down random holes in the ground: This one should be obvious too.

If I can think of more "unfair" deaths I'll add them to the list.

p4ran0id

Staff member
The worst are the traps, that's how I died every time... :|

Never got beyond lvl 10,so good luck to you!

Xen

Loreseeker
Traps are always the biggest threat in Ironman mode so make sure to always bring tons of Healing Potion and Scroll of Detection.

Xen

Loreseeker
Actually massive grinding is all you need to be successful in Ironman mode, and before I forgot you need to know what level of traps and which kind of enemies are present in each area so you can calculate how much damage or crowd control they can cause. You don't want something to knockback your PC into traps or be paralyzed without proper resist items.

RPGamer

Pashmir":2zhvdyeb said:
Hi veteran ironmen!

I always play games on the hardest difficulty and have been playing an ironman rogue in exiled kigdoms. I'm absolutely loving it and every death is teaching me something new.
After failing around 6-7 times i was finally in a really good groove, reached level 8 and feeling confident. Then i spoke to a shady traveler (as i have many times before) and BOOM he stabs me with a black dagger for 95 damage and i die.
I am fine with this as i have now learnt something new, but i cannot find any information about unexpected deaths or things to look out for on ironman!! Since i have never played the game before i don't know what to expect, which adds to the fun, but i don't like dying when there is no way of knowing it would happen. So before i start my next attempt, what are the unexpected deaths/damage that i need to look out for (like getting stabbed by a shady traveler)??

TLDR: playing on ironman, what unexpected deaths or serious damage that cannot be foreseen do i need to look out for?

There is a way to differentiate between the real shady traveller merchants and the assassins that try to kill you...

The REAL merchant(s) offer "certain items of great value" whereas the FAKE ones offer "certain magical items of great value"

UglyGekko

Thanks for the replies everyone, really helpful. Yes traps are really scary but I feel like they are preventable and if I die from a trap then it is mostly my fault since I went through an area too quickly or did not have enough perception.

What I'm really asking for are deaths that I cannot see coming. Like there was no way for me to know that the shady traveler was going to stab me out of nowhere since I just thought he was a merchant like every other time. Are there any other 'unfair' deaths or serious damage I should watch out for?

RPGamer

If I were you, i would just check the wiki and learn about every area/quest before you proceed