Questions about Ark of Lothasan [SPOILERS]

Galo

Hello, I am on the last mission of the main story and I have read in the Wiki that during the debate is based on a points system for possible events, the questions are:

1. To get the Magister Pendant I need a score of 9-10 during the debate?
2. If during the first encounter with Valeran in the Dragon Coast ends in a fight and I do not kill him but run away, he will still appear in the debate and will have his vote for a +1 in the score or help with final fight?
3. Is it possible to get the Magister Pendant/get 9-10 in the debate with Personality trait 0?

First of all, Thanks.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Galo":2xj1q7od said:
2. If during the first encounter with Valeran in the Dragon Coast ends in a fight and I do not kill him but run away, he will still appear in the debate and will have his vote for a +1 in the score or help with final fight?
3. Is it possible to get the Magister Pendant/get 9-10 in the debate with Personality trait 0?
The second question is not easy to answer, since the disappearance of unique NPCs after changing maps is actually some sort of glitch and can screw up entire quests (because certain actions associated with the death of an NPC are not triggered correctly). The main question (which I cannot answer for sure) is whether Valeran is considered dead after leaving the map or not. From problems with other quests (e.g. Call of the Blood) I suspect that he will be considered dead, so he won't be there in the final debate and you cannot get his +1 score. Feel free to test this theory and don't forget to report back here. ;)

The third question depends on the second one. If Valeran is not there in the final debate and you have 0 PER, then you will miss out on at least 2 points. If Valeran is indeed present, then a score of 9 should be possible if you fulfill all other conditions (AWA 5, INT 5).

Oh, and the answer to your first question is: YES.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Fleeing from Valeran still should keep him alive for the ending scene, and in fact will be just equally impressed to see you there and offer his support.

p4ran0id

Staff member
MikeB":33bvhf3c said:
The second question is not easy to answer, since the disappearance of unique NPCs after changing maps is actually some sort of glitch and can screw up entire quests (because certain actions associated with the death of an NPC are not triggered correctly). The main question (which I cannot answer for sure) is whether Valeran is considered dead after leaving the map or not. From problems with other quests (e.g. Call of the Blood) I suspect that he will be considered dead, so he won't be there in the final debate and you cannot get his +1 score. Feel free to test this theory and don't forget to report back here. ;)

It worked for me, I run away but still could get a happy ending. But it was long ago, not sure if that changed.

Galo

MikeB":3fzp13hl said:
The third question depends on the second one. If Valeran is not there in the final debate and you have 0 PER, then you will miss out on at least 2 points. If Valeran is indeed present, then a score of 9 should be possible if you fulfill all other conditions (AWA 5, INT 5).

Oh, and the answer to your first question is: YES.
DavidBVal":3fzp13hl said:
Fleeing from Valeran still should keep him alive for the ending scene, and in fact will be just equally impressed to see you there and offer his support.
p4ran0id":3fzp13hl said:
It worked for me, I run away but still could get a happy ending. But it was long ago, not sure if that changed.
I see, thank you very much for your answers, I'll try it with Personality 0 (because I'm a greedy bastard) and running away from Valeran, and then I'll put it here if it works.

Thank you very much, I really love the game, I realized that there are many inaccessible areas that could be available in future updates, I hope that will be more content in the future, in fact I would not mind that it was in the form of DLC, I would gladly pay for the extra content.