"Plasma rifle" moments (mild spoilers)

GhostInADagger

What are your top things to do in every run for building up your DPS and armor/gear? I mean things that make a huge difference in your general ability to run around and have fun in a more relaxed way. I can name a few:

1) Get Grissenda as early as L2. Just grab that ring from the crypt and run. The game gets easier instantly, for good 5-6 levels.

2) Get Hirge, some holy weapons (like Ghostbane), and start raiding the Mercian Royal Crypt. It is actually easier at low levels (L9), and it is tons of XP and gold right outside of a major city. I run quests and hunt better gear most of the time, but whenever I need some gold, or want to round up to next level, it is there. Some okay armor there, as well.

3) Bag of Holding. It is just too much hassle without it, and leaving money on the table / good loot in the crypt.

4) Aim for the Flurry skill early on. You will need AGI 6 without bonuses, which suggests a build focused on light weapons. It will take longer with other builds. This is the biggest game changer for burst DPS, the one that really brought "plasma rifle" to my mind.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It depends on the character, but nice overview thx.

I prefer the Maze of lamph (lvl 1) for grinding at low lvl, it suits best to every character, single enemies, good drops (for money). When you reach the ashen capes you can combine it with the sunken citadel, awesome combination thx to the teleporter. For high level grinding, sewer of horror lvl 2 is a good choice ;)

GhostInADagger

Thanks @p4ran0id. I kind of like the Maze for the easier pace as you said, but it just feels slow for me, with all the running around. I also timed it roughly, and I like the crypt better for the XP/gold balance. It varies with the level/difficulty/luck, but my figures at L9 were like 12min, 800xp+2,500g in the maze and 20min, 3,600xp+3,000g in the crypt. I suppose the maze wins for gold, and for single-target builds.

I have yet to reach the sunken citadel and the sewer of horror, looking forward to it.