Questions related to Tol

Chernin

One year ago I have completed the full game, so I know the plot. Please, can you give me the full text of conversation between Tol and player in Irazur Tomb? I just want to catch a nostalgia of that, in my opinion, great moment of Exiled Kingdoms! I would be very grateful.

And one more question: what is the origin of the game portrait of Tol? It reminds me of Rafael, but he certainly isn't. I'm really interested, and wait for your answers!

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
I don't know the origin of the portrait, but I can at least provide the dialogue. Enjoy the epic moment! ;)

1 Tol: [BLUE](His voice is like a chorus of a thousand wishpers)[] Centuries have passed, so many dead souls are lost. My Crown is here... But why a living one brings Tol back from the Dead? Who are you? ->2
1 Tol: Where is my crown? ->40
2 You: You're supposed to be a God. Figure it out. ->30
2 You: I... Um... I'm going to be brutally honest. I have no idea what I'm doing here. I have this thing cursing me, can you help? ->40
2 You: Lord Tol, your High Priest and all your undead ones failed you. They chose not to bring you the Crown. ->3
2 You: I've come to destroy you, God of Death. ->50
3 Tol: How did they fail me? What did they do? ->4
4 You: I don't know. I am here to get rid of this curse! ->40
4 You: I don't know exactly why but they feared your anger and decided not to wake you up. ->5
4 You: They enslaved and feasted on the living, breaking the balance you taught them. They have become a terrifying nightmare for us, living ones. ->5
5 Tol: I see. They feared me... Only now I understand how naive I was, or should I say insane. How young and unprepared. I believed I could create an Eden, an immortal civilization. Instead I created a hell, and filled it with monsters. ->6
6 You: You don't talk like a God at all. Young? Naive? I don't understand. ->7
7 Tol: [BLUE](Smiles in a very human fashion)[] You have earned the right to ask questions to a God, I'd say. I was once a mortal, an adventurer much like yourself. Me and my companions uncovered an ancient secret and were Ascended, much like others had through the ages. ->8
8 You: Others? Do you mean the Eleven? ->9
9 Tol: Exactly. And many others which became Gods before, in ages now forgotten. However, like most Ascended Ones, I made a grave mistake. I decided not to let my humanity go. ->10
10 You: What does that mean? ->11
11 Tol: I didn't want to become a timeless being, nor I wanted to lose my personality, my identity, my physical body... my flaws. Yet I wanted the Divine Power. We four decided to do the same, becoming half-god, half-men, with disastrous consequences. ->12
12 You: Now I understand, a God with human feelings and flaws is indeed a very dangerous thing. ->13
13 Tol: Human mind is too small of a vessel to contain such power and knowledge. I vaguely feel the distant presence of my old companions... Two of them went insane and tried to destroy themselves, their souls tormented by regrets; immortality is a cruel prision for them. They betrayed me, feared me. I pity them. ->14
14 You: What will you do now? ->15
15 Tol: I shall fulfill my destiny, and trascend this mortal shell once and for all. I shall become the God of the Dead, for millions of souls have perished and are without a guide... Can't you feel the imbalance? The dead refusing to rest? So much to be done! It will take me a long time to repair my mistakes. ->16
16 You: Wait, I have lots of questions for you, and maybe you can help me! The world is in danger! ->17
17 Tol: I shall meddle with mortal matters no more. [BLUE](Suddenly his body becomes too bright to stare at)[] I abandon this world, my realm is that of the Dead. Mortal, you have my blessings and my gratitude. ->18
18 Tol: [BLUE](You feel yourself being pulled upwards. As you ascend, visions of the past and future expand your mind granting you 1 Skill Point)[] ->Leave
30 Tol: Indeed a bold one stands in front of me. You are right to wonder why a God may not know all. While the Divine is part of me, I am also man. Indulge my mortal ignorance and tell me why my appointed servants didn't wake me up centuries ago. ->4
40 Tol: Worry not, for I will bring you peace, child. Eternal peace and balance. Accept my ultimate blessing: death. [BLUE](Your soul begins to escape your body)[] ->Leave
50 Tol: Is that so? I expected more from someone capable of bringing my crown. Now accept my ultimate blessing: death. [BLUE](Your soul begins to escape your body)[] ->Leave