Armor Values

Vastilos

Does anyone know the armor to hp values/comparison. The reason I ask is I just replaced my warriors platemail set with legion set (since legion has better armor) and now I find that I actually die in 2-3 hits where as when I used platemail set I could take at least 10 before I died (I'm killing in Nekhar Valley).
So I figured I would ask and get an answer before I put my rating on google play.

Thanks.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Armor does not always reduces damage by an exact amount, it subtracts damage within a range.

You can see the exact damage it reduces (min and max) in the "Details" section of your character, try one set, check the details, try another, check the details again. There is randomness so you can get some critical hits killing you, but higher armor will always result in better protection in the long run.

Vastilos

I was only asking because this is the only "rpg" I've played where it's better to have more hp than armor. Most games usually make it comparable (e.g. 1 armor equals 5hp) so you could sacrifice that one armor point for those 5hp or the other way around. From what I've noticed here is the higher your armor, the faster you die while having more hp and no armor you live longer.

Example. I have a L.13 warrior that with full legion gear has 30 armor (points are in mostly agility) and when i fight the decron (sp?) deserters I only last 3 hits before i die. My L.15 mage that has greselda as a companion (she's L.13), and I have her equipped with basic leather gear (all points are in endurance) and she can tank that whole area without dying.

And another thing I very much dislike is that the onky time your character actually runs is with left/right movements while you only walk with the other directions.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Vastilos":35tcj4yy said:
And another thing I very much dislike is that the onky time your character actually runs is with left/right movements while you only walk with the other directions.

Well, this is answered numerous times before, here's last time I answered this question: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16675&p=53260&hilit=isometric#p53260

As you can see, this is how isometric perspective works, this is just how it is.