2H Warrior Advanced Skills Advice

SpidersNoThanks

Hello! This is my first post after lurking for too long. Thank you, everyone, for your help so far to others.

I'm looking for advice on where to go next with advanced skills for my level 21 2H warrior. Any other advice is also welcome :) Here's the build so far:

I threw Hirge in in case someone wants to offer advice on her build/loadout.

I'm definitely not set on Whirlwind; that was really an early game mistake. I haven't respec'd anything yet.
I'm also not set on keeping Cleave maxed if the points would be better spent elsewhere.

Advanced skills:
Precision Strikes III
Massive Criticals III
Heavyhand III
Body Development III

My thoughts:

Battle Rage: Seems useful if only for the removal of stun/paralysis, as armor bonus is negligible on 2H, and damage bonus (while nice) would be offset by cooldown in longer fights.
Bloodlust: Not sure how useful it'd be as I tend to spend some time between encounters for strategy purposes.
Duel: Seems most useful at the moment, but I'm not sure if I should prioritize something else first.
Flurry: I see this recommended a lot, but not sure if it will compromise the rest of the build with the high cost of entry.
Wards: I have a feeling I should start investing in some of these, but stop short because DAMAGE.

Any advice is welcome! Apologies for any errors/formatting. I'm not well-versed on forum functions, and mobile doesn't help :) Cheers!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
IMHO, Battle Rage is a must. Being able to break out of stun and paralysis is quite an unique skill, and if you time it right the downtime will mostly happen between fights.

Personally I love Whirlwind and/or Charge when I play a 2h warrior, at least to 2nd level. The damage "burst" you achieve is capable of killing most enemies very quickly. but of course this is a build choice, not an absolute truth.

SpidersNoThanks

Hey! Thanks for the great game!

Makes sense. I may need to respec to meet the Fury prerequisite, then throw some points at BR. I need to get over my weird urge to max things out.

It would also be nice to still have an active skill to mess with. I'll beef WW and keep playing with it before trying charge sometime.

VDX_360

Staff member
For high-stun enemies, Battle Rage is a game changer.
For non-stun enemies, Battle Rage is a nifty boost.

Players that use passive skills only get a higher overall increase in dps (in theory, sort of), but active skills such as whirlwind and charge give awesome damage bursts that can kill most enemies which makes a huge difference in dungeon crawling. Also, it's just fun to charge attack.