Heavyhand vs Bloodlust

Jiflink

So I’m musing over creating a second character - a warrior. I’ve looked at a lot of skills and a few builds, and I’ve got a theory question of sorts. If choosing between only one of bloodlust or heavy hand, isn’t heavyhand strictly better overall?

I mean, sure, obviously in a large pack of monsters bloodlust will give a timy bit more damage as well as some extra defense. So yeah, it’s better there. But your armor will already be really high, and in my experience with my rogue, packs of enemies used to be really challenging, but I’m at a point now where non-boss enemies mostly die quickly enough to not be a problem, even in packs.

To be fair, I have yet to enter the Ark, so I might eat my words. And maybe without evasion I’ll feel differently, but since bloodlust does zero for you in boss fights, which are the harder battles, and heavy hand gives you nearly the same damage boost 100% of the time, doesn’t that make it strictly better from a power gaming perspective if only choosing one?

Jiflink

One more thing. I think I basically said this, but tl;dr: bloodlust is more powerful for it’s specialization, but it’s specialization is lower-threat content, making heavyhand the clear winner?