Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Looks awesome, but so wrong... All games do the same mistakes with shields, no one would ever use that position, you are completely vulnerable at the main parts of your body, if someone use a shield that way, he will die for sure ;)

Uwarwolf

Good day, David.

How can I participate in the beta of Archaelund?
Me gustó mucho EK, y estoy esperando a que salga tu nuevo juego.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Uwarwolf":1ohhdgc9 said:
Good day, David.

How can I participate in the beta of Archaelund?
Me gustó mucho EK, y estoy esperando a que salga tu nuevo juego.

It's still too early, but next year there will be a Early Access release on Steam, similar to the early release of EK in 2015.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Some provisional blood splashes. Final game will get much better ones but hey, I hate to test stuff that doesn't bleed.

kkt9sJ9.gif

Lots of development progress too. Most "core" combat actions already working, including Guard (which enables "attacks of opportunity") which affects the normal turn flow, so I am happy to see it working fine. Stamina and Fatigue is implemented, and it's an essential mechanic in Archaelund. Many small issues are fixed, and some great new 2D art is being produced. Sound programming is also mostly done.

Despite all the advances I am not sure I'll have the Steam page ready in October, since it may force me to do things these weeks in the "wrong order". i.e., for a decent video I'd need to begin making more varied areas, rigging more diverse enemies, etc. I wasn't planning any of that until more fundamental things were done, but still it may be worth it to get visibility as soon as possible. We'll see.

VDX_360

Staff member
DavidBVal":354b64yr said:
.... I am not sure I'll have the Steam page ready in October...

Once again, the dangers of having a personal life interfere with game development. Do you really want to see your friends? Does your family really need to see you more than once a month? Do you really need to bath? *

Just think of all that time that isn't spent grinding out content.

*For clarity, please bath. Least you end up smelling like an Invisible Swamp Donkey

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, welcome back to the madhouse! :D

VDX_360":3w50jl1d said:
DavidBVal":3w50jl1d said:
.... I am not sure I'll have the Steam page ready in October...

Once again, the dangers of having a personal life interfere with game development.

Not really. It's just a matter of staying focused in optimal development course vs. detouring a bit through more "visual" features in order to have a video ready.

Personal life at this point pretty much consists on developing my game all day :mrgreen:

(Actually, that's mere exaggeration. I workout, I read, etc. It's amazing how much time you can have in a day if you stay focused and never watch TV)

azd

After reading the Name I thought it will be like ps1 game alundra an action rpg but I think it will be my first turn based rpg...after playing exiled kingdoms i think anything David will create will be interesting and also because I want to see the old kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.