Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mage Ascended

Re: Archaelund (preliminary info about my next game!)

JamesThePunk":12e1g0vw said:
Are you still working on content for EK? Im excited to see past the Zamhor Mountains and the Orc Kingdom. I noticed on the map there's a wizard tower there, is there orc wizards or some old overrun ruins?

A Wizard tower in the Orc Kingdom? I never saw that. Do you mind pointing where on the map?
The only tower I see is the ruined one in Urk-Daonassar, but that's probably just some ruined building there.

JamesThePunk

Loreseeker

That's the one I was refering to. I didnt realize it was destoryed until now but it still would be an interesting add to the game. An idea I had was the tower is an old wizard tower and still had a functioning teleporter so you could use a wizard tower to teleport there so you can get across the mountains.
I know the game had a huge map but it feels so small when you look at all the places that show up on the map you cant go to, I really hope more areas get added into the game (oh and a mage companion)

fearsome_warrior

Loreseeker
Re: About my next game (preliminary info!)

DavidBVal":3vch4oov said:
ICkeKNi.png

Whoa I find the idea of having multiple playable racing amazing. I saw this purely aesthetic or will there be racial bonuses that encourage the use of certain races including certain classes. I cannot wait for this game to come out.

Also have you got an overarching name for this series e.g the elder scrolls and Assassins creed for those particular franchises

JamesThePunk

Loreseeker

[/quote]Also have you got an overarching name for this series e.g the elder scrolls and Assassins creed for those particular franchises[/quote]

Ive been wondering the same thing? Is Exiled Kingdoms just the single game or series name? Im guessing EK is just the single game since Archaelund has less to do with the Exiled Kingdoms and more with Andoria.

fearsome_warrior

Loreseeker

JamesThePunk said:
Ive been wondering the same thing? Is Exiled Kingdoms just the single game or series name? Im guessing EK is just the single game since Archaelund has less to do with the Exiled Kingdoms and more with Andoria.

It could be or it could be something else there are quite a few points for and against but from what I gather in archaelund a lot of the settlements have been founded by the kingdoms if I have read David’s posts right.

Xen

Loreseeker

Archaelund is also related to Exiled Kingdoms since the Exiles are people from Andoria(the Old Empire) but it is not a sequel to Exiled Kingdoms, it's a totally different game set in the Exiled Kingdoms world.

Xen

Loreseeker

BTW Varannar is the name of Exiled Kingdoms' current map.

fearsome_warrior

Loreseeker

I realise that I’m just saying that the people of the exiled kingdoms are the one who have resettled andoria.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

I haven't given the setting a specific name, but I think Exiled Kingdoms is good enough. The name is more recognizable than a new arbitrary one, and since colonists of Archaelund come from the Exiled Kingdoms, it is still part of the History of the Exile and its ramifications.

iamgaming

How should I pronounce Archaelund?

Status
Not open for further replies.