Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaos

Loreseeker
Re: About my next game (preliminary info!)

Just read the original post and your updates... You have basically described my dream game.

I think you are in very great danger of blowing away even more of my time with your next title than you did (and are doing) with EK!

BTW, as an old-school gamer and fellow programmer, I want to tell you that EK is excellent in every way. I haven't found a mobile title that comes anywhere near its scope and quality, truly, and I've tried many.

SoulSnatcher

I know this is a long ways out as I see you will still be working elements into spring but any chance when the game has a bit more development we can see a video clip of what the graphics could look like or what the battle mechanics look like in effect? Could be a good marketing tool down the road for fans to show fellow gamers. Is it going to have the same retro look E.K. has or are you crisping things up? So many questions lol. Okay I'll stop pesturing. Program away David!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

SoulSnatcher":35luylqx said:
I know this is a long ways out as I see you will still be working elements into spring but any chance when the game has a bit more development we can see a video clip of what the graphics could look like or what the battle mechanics look like in effect? Could be a good marketing tool down the road for fans to show fellow gamers. Is it going to have the same retro look E.K. has or are you crisping things up? So many questions lol. Okay I'll stop pesturing. Program away David!

Graphic style will be different, this is a 3D game which visually will be very nice. Even the placeholder graphics I am using right now look better than some commercial games out there. For the most part you can say they'll be "realistic" but with a classic feel. And yeah, there will be videos, screenshots, etc. But right now I am working with concept artists, then will come 3D modeling and animation, then the vids and screenshots.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Archaelund (preliminary info about my next game!)

Edited first post and thread title with the real game's name: Archaelund. I may still use the Geryon name to refer to the rulesystem of the game, which I may reuse for other projects.

Xen

Loreseeker

DavidBVal":2jrsy0a6 said:
Edited first post and thread title with the real game's name: Archaelund. I may still use the Geryon name to refer to the rulesystem of the game, which I may reuse for other projects.

So basically Geryon is the engine's name?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Xen":33iyj7mu said:
DavidBVal":33iyj7mu said:

So basically Geryon is the engine's name?

No. Geryon is a set of rules, like D&D was for other games.

Xen

Loreseeker

The standard for the game, I see. In other word, the model.

JamesThePunk

Loreseeker

Im curious, when will the option for alpha testing become available because I wanna be one of the first to sign up :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

JamesThePunk":32uaorxc said:
Im curious, when will the option for alpha testing become available because I wanna be one of the first to sign up :D

We're at least a year from that... this is a 4+ year project. Just as a reference, this is a timeline for EK development:

April 2014 > I began prototyping, design choices, early development.
August 2014 > The game concept is more or less defined, development begins.
August 2015 > base engine completed, I begin creating content.
December 2015 > first "early access" release of the game (roughly, 25% of actual content was present)
August 2017 > version 1.0 released, main quest completable.
December 2017 > Mage & Thuram is added.
February 2018 > PC release
June 2018 > Companion quests, v 1.2 released.

It is my intention to release a PC Early Access version in Q1 2020.

JamesThePunk

Loreseeker

Are you still working on content for EK? Im excited to see past the Zamhor Mountains and the Orc Kingdom. I noticed on the map there's a wizard tower there, is there orc wizards or some old overrun ruins?

Status
Not open for further replies.