Forbidden Pit help?

Artemis Leafarrow

I'm having trouble with Forbidden pit. I have lvl 20 rogue archer build. Hirge companion. I am having trouble with the Dark Presences. Any tips?

VDX_360

Staff member
Do you have the Silver Bow of Malan yet? It's the only bow that does Spirit damage. If you have it you can try to go archer in the pit. If you don't have that bow, you'll be better off using a rogue melee weapon that has spirit damage, such as the Sonnet or the Spirit Breaker.

Which leads to the next point, are you equipping Spirit damage weapons, either the Spirit weapons you find in the quest The Sacred Weapons, or others (not many in the game).

General combat tactics apply in full force.

Try to make sure you're only fighting a Dark Pressence by itself, and not getting ganged up.

Dark Pressence hit with heavy Death Damage so Death Resistance is vital. They hit with heavy physical damage so high defense is helpful.

Health potions and healing scrolls might come in handy. Because of the high defense and high resistance, attack potions don't really help too much (they do, but really, it's the spirit damage that gets through).

Summon scrolls help, even if it's too distract the Dark Pressence just long enough for your item / skill cool down to trigger.

Artemis Leafarrow

Thank you for the quick reply. I definitely need to try and up my death resistance. Also, maybe the melee weapons are better for the pit.

I am curious as to where to get that bow? This is my first playthrough and I can teleport anywhere but Port Malan, so far. I just finished getting Hirge her advanced skills (prefer her to Gris as companion for my Rogue) although maybe I should reconsider that. Gris can take a heck of a beating in full tank mode.

Also, where do I find Gris companion quest? I did Hirges want to do hers next.

Thank you for the help

Argarath

All the Companions Quests are triggered by you roaming the countryside with that particular companion until you meet the random encounter that will start the quest

VDX_360

Staff member
Artemis Leafarrow":2ojz70wk said:
I am curious as to where to get that bow?
The Bow of Malan is in the last room of the observatory in Adaon's speacil Companion quest (have to have him with you, and trigger the quest through the random encounter with the Beggar).

The Bow is designed for shadow enemies. It's Holy III and Banishing III attributes will do a combined extra 12 damage per hit to shadow enemies. Plus, the +4 Spirit Damage turns into +6 damage (shadow enemies weak against spirit).

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... w_of_Malan