The ability to mod

BOSTACH

Can you please allow us to mod the game it will be great for the community for the forum and for the popularity of the game, old players started to be a bit inactive on the forum, please what is stopping you from doing so?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Well, it was already discussed, you can search, or look some threads I searched for you:

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=694
viewtopic.php?t=16066

The shortest answer, for your perspective (i.e. how you formed question) is: It takes a time, and time is always sorely needed and no one has it in unlimited supplies.

It isn't simple to change these "small" (and when you take better look at things small, you sometimes find them quite big) parts of code, write editor, write instructions for editor.

And, just to write it once more: David is just one man. Well, pretty big man, but only man and with it goes restrictions we all have: We need time to do things.

VDX_360

Staff member
Alan_SP":1z8krgdr said:
We need time to do things.

That's a very valid point. I for one have long encouraged David to give up friends, family and even personal hygiene (if he gives up the latter, the first two self-resolve). But alas, no one listens to me, save the Invisible Swamp Donkey.

Modding a game isn't nearly as easy as some people think. Well, it can be easier or harder based on the game code and game design, and depth of the modding. And depending on the extent of mod, one can simply alter basic stats (which seems more a hack than a true as-we-have-come-to-know-them mod) or add a complete new dungeon and new class. How to coordinated new fan-made additions to the game so they still work with the original game is another challenge. Can't have payers adding 100 DPS weapons and expect the game to stand up.

As for "allowing mods", being mindful of the forum rules, one really doesn't need permission to mod a game. That's kind of the point of a lot of mods. Sure, Developers handing over the keys to the code helps a lot, but really, if you want to do something renegade, nothing can stop you. Just don't talk about it on the forum or complain when you break the game.

I've already picked out where my dungeon is going. Have it mapped out too. Plus, the code to add the Invisible Swamp Donkey as a random encounter. Now, we just need to someone to flush out Freeport as a hipster town with locally brewed artisan potions (they cost twice as much and do nothing). Plus, let's make the Dimensional Parasite fight all the other bosses in the game at once. And you can turn Adaon into Freeport for a handsome reward. They hang him so make sure you do his sidequest first.

Lolerescut

Hey stop hating on the dimensional parasite it only does what is natural to a dimensional parasite i agree on adeon he steals from people and thats not humans nature