Minor feature (not content) request - a "harder" mode

Jibaholic

I've been playing on Hard mode lately and I like the challenge, but one thing bothers me. I think it's too easy to save the game. I'd like there to be a new mode between Hard and Ironman, where the game only saves when you sleep.

Right now I can clear part of a dungeon, return to the entrance in complete safety, then go back and clear deeper with my game saved. Yes, you can deliberately forgo using that tactic, but at some level you're comparing your experience on Hard to everyone else's. Moreover, it's hard not to use a tactic that is there for the taking. It's like buying Cinnamon Toast Crunch and then saying I'll only eat it at breakfast.

I do realize the dev (David?) has put in an incredible amount of time and created a tremendous game world with tons of content. I'd only want this if it could be done pretty easily.

Plus it would give all you veterans a reason to fire up the game again ...

p4ran0id

Staff member
Jibaholic":2dbb2ymg said:
I've been playing on Hard mode lately and I like the challenge, but one thing bothers me. I think it's too easy to save the game. I'd like there to be a new mode between Hard and Ironman, where the game only saves when you sleep.

Well that's easy, just avoid the area- or quicksave and only use the inn save slot... ;)

You can solve that request without further changes, just think about it :lol:

Jibaholic

From the OP
Jibaholic":25ph7ch3 said:
Yes, you can deliberately forgo using that tactic, but at some level you're comparing your experience on Hard to everyone else's. Moreover, it's hard not to use a tactic that is there for the taking. It's like buying Cinnamon Toast Crunch and then saying I'll only eat it at breakfast.

Moreover, that reasoning applies equally to Ironman. You don't need an Ironman mode, just stop playing that character when you die.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Jibaholic":f3alu8ys said:

Ironically, this is how the game was originally designed. Sleeping was the only way to save the game back in the Alpha. I should upload the old apk for those curious one day... of course the game only had like 40 areas, but still should be fun.

I am not sure I will add more difficulty modes, but certainly if I do I'll take this into account.