Tip: Using dungeon reset mechanics for farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xgatt

Just discovered this and found it pretty cool. Say you're hunting an item (e.g. fire salts) that doesn't always drop.

You can clear the imps, leave, quicksave, go back in, and die on purpose. This will reset the dungeon without having to rest, but you will keep all the items you collected in your first run. Load up your quicksave, go back in and repeat.

Picked up all the fire salts for a quest quickly this way.

RPGamer

Do you mean Quicksave? You can't manually do autosaves...the reason they're called autosaves is because the game does it automatically periodically

Xgatt

RPGamer":1u8gudta said:
Do you mean Quicksave? You can't manually do autosaves...the reason they're called autosaves is because the game does it automatically periodically

Oops yes I meant quicksave. Let me edit the main post

Argarath

Be careful this is considered an exploit and is not allowed to be discussed in forum

Xgatt

Argarath":3ohy9y9x said:
Be careful this is considered an exploit and is not allowed to be discussed in forum

Oh really? Thought it was just a game mechanic. Should I delete the post?

Argarath

I am no saint. I have posted something similar in the past and the post was locked afterwards. It is up to you. Nothing serious just cannot be discussed here

Lolerescut

Xgatt":2ysn5oyy said:
Just discovered this and found it pretty cool. Say you're hunting an item (e.g. fire salts) that doesn't always drop.

You can clear the imps, leave, quicksave, go back in, and die on purpose. This will reset the dungeon without having to rest, but you will keep all the items you collected in your first run. Load up your quicksave, go back in and repeat.

Picked up all the fire salts for a quest quickly this way.
You dont have to die you only have to load the quick save sorry but you have been dying for nothing and it doesnt work on nightmare mode i think

Status
Not open for further replies.