Good way to grind

RPGamer

I don't know if anyone else has found this, but today I discovered a great way to earn money, and xp. Here are the steps:
1) starting at New Garand farmlands, search next to the crop areas for red orchids, then head on over to the graveyard and try to find deadweed.
2) head to Kingsbridge, and search the area for more red orchids and search the Bandit Hideout for luminescent fungus, then go to Lannegar Valley and collect any blue orchids, then head to Northern Bluemist River.
3) after you search Deepburrow Cave in Northern Bluemist River for more luminescent fungus, you can then go to Rhoenis plains and search Rhonata Cave for luminescent fungus.
4) the next stop is Deadwood. Collect any deadweed you can find, then, you have a few options. From Deadwood you can go straight to Kingsbridge, but I recommend going to Sydarun Oasis and following the road back to New Garand Farmlands to ensure maximum time for the areas to reset.
5) just keep repeating the loop and you can get a lot of resources.

The red and blue orchids can be turned into healing potions, and luminescent fungus and deadweed can be exchanged for potions of shielding by Alchemist Markus in Lannegar. You can also just save the red orchids for getting Potions of Heroism later on if you wish, or if you don't need potions, just sell all the ingredients to make a good bit of money.

You'll get a lot of pelts from killing coyotes Rhoenis and that's a good source of income (especially if you save them and wait to sell them to the traveling Varannari Hunters who will give more money for them than other traders)

The variety of enemies provides a decent amount of XP, and of course, any drops obtained from the multitide if enemies will give a decent amount of money.
Basicslly, just repeat this loop and it will provide these benefits:
1)XP. For lower level players, this loop will provide a lot of XP, but at higher levels you may not benefit as much in this regard
2) money. Especially if you don't need/don't want to make potions from the ingredients, this route has a lot of money-making potential. Between the items enemies drop, and the money you'll occasionally get directly from dead enemies, this is an excellent way to earn money if you're looking to buy something (or if you're like me and just want to hoard as much gold as possible like a dragon)
3) potions. If you need potions, I would highly recommend doing this loop and gathering ingredients instead of just buying them. I don't know how much potions of shielding are, but for 1 red orchid 1 blue orchid and 100 gold, Alchemist Markus in Lannegar will give you a potion of moderate healing. That's a good deal since potions of moderate healing are usually sold for around 250 gold at other traders. Especially useful for low level players who don't have much health (or armor, or money), this is a good way to get cheap potions that will help keep your character alive

VDX_360

Staff member
Yes, plenty of people have figured out grinding routes for the early game. Your surface route doesn't compete with straight up dungeon farming but it has it's merits.

Grinding for XP or gold is one of the more re-occurring themes on the forum.

RPGamer

Yeah, it doesn't provide as much gold or XP as dungeons, but it's mainly for low level characters or for obtaining potions which players could use to assist with dungeons

p4ran0id

Staff member
It's not really effective. Up to lvl 10 better do the quests, money is not important, the items you can by are mostly trash and you'll get more XP and money by solving the quests.

With lvl 10 you can better grind in Maze of lamph, single enemies and really good drops, can make 100k and several lvl up in 2h. Without running threw the world waisting time ;)

RPGamer

It's more effective than you think..just give it try. If you don't like it, fine, but it works great for me. The maze of Lamth is only good for high level characters because of how tough the minotaurs are. Right now I can only kill a few minotaurs before having to heal, so it's far more effective to just grind off weak enemies than to try and take on stronger enemies such as minotaurs. I disagree with your assessment on money. Some of the items you can buy ate quite useful, but mostly I'm just saving up money so I can get XP from the "visions" you can get at the Hall of Wisdom in Nivarian. And I've had several people say that quests are the best way to level up...that's complete horse manure. The quests are all too much work for little to no gain. Currently, I'm playing as a lvl 11 rogue and I've done all the quests I can, but I'm gonna have to level up a few times before I could possibly hope to do more. The best way to level up in my experience is rumor bosses..granted, there's no guarantee that players will get a rumor boss quest, or that they can find them, and there's always a chance (especially for low level players) that you'll get a rumor boss that's too powerful for you...but, they can be a quick an easy way to get a decent amount of XP..sometimes they can give good loot as well. And FYI your last sentence is not correct..."Without running threw the world waisting time" it should say"Without running through the world wasting time"...unless you're planning on running around throwing hips at people, which is weird and probably illegal but I try not to judge

p4ran0id

Staff member
Sorry if you feel offended, never meant it that way (also I'm not a native speaker so sorry for my English)

It is possible to finish the whole game just by finishing the quests, without grinding. And I understand that your way to grind is effective, it's not really worth to discuss about that because it depends on your playstile, player A find one solution better, player B another and so on.

Thanks for your tip, I'll try it someday maybe it's really more effective than my way. :)

Lolerescut

Grinding is also illegal mr. If you walk on tge streets and start grind the cops will not likebit nor the people bit mainly the cops speaking with exoerience just kidding you could farm the quest related to uzgander lair spawb level 5 enemies 3 at a time easy to kill miderate xp lots if saphire and weapons that can be sold for 100 each and small hp pots and gold all you have to do us get the quest near the cabbin in the woods and keep answering the wrong question so he calls the gaurds you could farm around 15-20k gold and xp every few minute depending on character nost effective with multiple target characters especially warriors my warrior get around a 50k gold and xp ever 10 min or so