Quick question

RPGamer

I'm considering restarting my cleric character and I have a question regarding a few of the advanced Skills:
Does the guardian wolf count as a summoned creature? In other words: will the Summoner skill work on the wolf summoned using the Guardian Wolf skill?
I want to know if Summoner works for Guardian Wolf because (for me) the wolf (with a Max level of 12) isn't powerful enough to be of use. But, if the Summoner skill works for it the wolf could get up to level 15 and that might be kinda useful

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yep it works fine.
Also for scroll elemental. Every creature you summon will benefit from that skill. Used that for my cleric

Argarath

To add further, Summoner adds Spirit Wolf from 13 to 16, which at 16 is still a bit fragile, and you still need to take on tanking role to shield the wolf. But at least surviability increase enough for the Wolf to not go down too fast, especially for later dungeons. Since I also pick up the skill Summoner, the Wolf becomes significantly more useful.

VDX_360

Staff member
For Clerics, Flames of Faith and Battle Prayer add a notable amount of combat power to summons. Mana intensive, but can really turn the tide in tougher fights.

Battle Prayer adds Armor, Damage and Resistance to entire party.
Flames of Faith heals allies and summons (but not you) and does Spirit damage to enemies.

RPGamer

Argarath":20eoq1jj said:
To add further, Summoner adds Spirit Wolf from 13 to 16, which at 16 is still a bit fragile, and you still need to take on tanking role to shield the wolf. But at least surviability increase enough for the Wolf to not go down too fast, especially for later dungeons. Since I also pick up the skill Summoner, the Wolf becomes significantly more useful.
Not sure how that makes sense...according to the wiki, Guardian Wolf has a Max level of twelve and Summoner (fully upgraded) increases the level of summons by 3. The maximum level for the wolf should therefore be 15, not 16

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
RPGamer":3ozddcdw said:
Not sure how that makes sense...according to the wiki, Guardian Wolf has a Max level of twelve and Summoner (fully upgraded) increases the level of summons by 3. The maximum level for the wolf should therefore be 15, not 16
Where in the Wiki did you get this information? The page for Guardian Wolf clearly states that you summon a level 13 Spirit Wolf.

RPGamer

The actual page for Guardian Wolf does yes, but in list form, it incorrectly states it as only going up to level 12. I originally saw it via going to Classes then Cleric, and scrolling down the list to see the advanced Skills available for cleric characters. In the list, it says it only goes up to level 12. Originally, I didn't bother to actually go to the page about Guardian Wolf because I assumed the information on the list shown in the Cleric page would be accurate, but apparently not.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
RPGamer":1g16odx7 said:
The actual page for Guardian Wolf does yes, but in list form, it incorrectly states it as only going up to level 12. I originally saw it via going to Classes then Cleric, and scrolling down the list to see the advanced Skills available for cleric characters. In the list, it says it only goes up to level 12. Originally, I didn't bother to actually go to the page about Guardian Wolf because I assumed the information on the list shown in the Cleric page would be accurate, but apparently not.
Thanks for pointing out this inconsistency. Should be correct now.