Call of blood with no intellect points

bobbykotik

Hi all,
Could please somebody confirm that the quest "Call of blood" could be done without investing points in intellect. On the wiki it says that its optional, however after I read the book I still don't see the option to clean the fountains with the water.
Thank you.

VDX_360

Staff member
Huh... that might be a translation or typing error.

I was under the impression one needed INT 3 to figure out the book, thus making INT 3 a requirement. I could be mistaken.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You can cleanse the fountains without INT, just not pouring water on them but some other way.

bobbykotik

Thanks for replies above.
Hope somebody knows what is the alternative way.. The worst case scenario I will increase INT to 1 and buy +2INT belt, hmmm... still need access to Icemist where they sell this belt
the game punishes quite a lot if you play as a warrior (((

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
bobbykotik":1ebd1fhm said:
Hope somebody knows what is the alternative way.
It's the least tasty option when interacting with the fountains. You will suffer, but in the end the result will be the same as if you pured water into it.

VDX_360

Staff member
bobbykotik":1j19wjho said:
...the game punishes quite a lot if you play as a warrior
Not quite true. There's trade-offs between the classes, and there's nothing stopping any class from investing in INT, including warriors. Heck, most my warriors have INT 2 or INT 3 without equipment (let's them use Teleport, Restoration and Turn Undead Scrolls).

Sure, a pure combat warrior with exclusive investment in STR and END will struggle with trait checks, but he'll have the easiest time with combat.

Lolerescut

Its obvious warrior are ment to be missing out since they are like hillgiants if invested correctly dumb but packs a good punch if invested poorly youll get a bad combination a strong and smart warrior which is not able to miss parts of the game making other characters useless but srsly warrior is the most flexible character you can invest in all equally and still get a good character or even invest personality alone still get a mediocre character or get a full endurance and be a troll etc.