Maged Ranged Awkwardness

SuperJoey

These glitches probably apply to ranged as well. I don't think all are fixable but thought I would point them out.

The game seems to use square tiles. A tile is either passable or not which leads to some serious aliasing. What this means is that although an image for a tile might have passable parts they're impassible. For walking around this is a minor issue but when your shooting at range it means things where it looks like you should be able to hit can't be hit. You'll try to shoot some enemy and your character completely ignores it. Turns, tight and angled corridors, etc are especially brutal.

Similarly there's very little control of targeting such are target weakest, closest, not slowed, sticky target , etc. This isn't essential are targeting tends to work with one exception.

Your mage will target things out of range. In some cases I've seen this happen and it doesn't seem to be due to the impassibility issue.

The impassibility issue doesn't seem fixable. Really you want a texture for it for each tile at the same resolution as the tile image. The problem is that would have to be made and without making unpassable things passable. It 's a lot of work and on top of that you would need to modify the pathing. However a compromise might be a draw grid mode.

VDX_360

Staff member
Side-stepping the technical aspects, the issues with the aiming system are known. Not likely to be adjusted at all (limits of the now complete game). It's unlikely any new content will come out either.

I HEARD* the Developer say the next game will be out in time for next Christmas, but he swears that's not what he said :)

https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/vi ... 522#p52325