Greetings and salutations ;)

vo1d

Hey guys, I've quit more than a year ago, are my save-files still compatible with the latest? Or is there a good chance to miss story and lore? And is there a way to add the game to steam using my mobile license?
Is the latest much better than pre-v1? Is it worth to simply start over? (hope old hacks still work)

@DavidBVal what's the new game title? I mean the one you are working on. Is there a pre-release available? I'd be happy to give it a try ^_°

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, welcome back!

Saved games should be 100% compatible. However only a portion of the added content is post-ark, the rest is meant to improve the mid-high level progression, so you may consider to start anew (maybe try the Mage?)

It's too early to talk about the new game, there will be no demo until at least a year passes... These things take time.

VDX_360

Staff member
DavidBVal":uqm2p5z6 said:
.... there will be no demo until at least a year passes... These things take time.

What? A year!!! That's it. You're off the company x-mas list.... If you have time for family, friends and personal grooming, you have time to work faster. Seriously, if you reduce showering to once a week or so, you won't have to worry about family and friends taken up time.

(So, mid-2019 right?).

VDX_360

Staff member
vo1d":9v58q9tc said:
... Is it worth to simply start over?
My vote is yes. It's been a year. There's a lot of new content that is best played as intended rather than going back with an end-game ready build.

VDX_360

Staff member
vo1d":hlfh7tib said:
hope old hacks still work
I didn't hear you say that... (see forum rule 3).

Buuuuut..... You can't get unlimited skill points any more, you can't spam the same monster for a better drop, you can't get 99999999 potions any more, you can't push companions into traps, and you can no longer use the wrong chest glitch to get the Invisible Swamp Donkey before getting the bag of holding.

p4ran0id

Staff member
DavidBVal":sxtm05j0 said:
It's too early to talk about the new game, there will be no demo until at least a year passes... These things take time.

One year?! So the game is nearly ready for the alpha/beta? XD

Kind of optimistic announcement, don't you think so? :lol:

VDX_360

Staff member
We heard "complete version by x-mas 2019"

We have hearing problems. :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately I've justt barely started and I am already late... the iOS 12 compatibility issue is eating up all my time since I returned from vacation (... and even during it). But once that matter is settled, I promise to open a thread with some of my legendary "estimates" in it.