Hirge is OP

Lolerescut

123Klutz":1qv44yso said:
Hirge is not good for Cleric, I've mentioned it too

but for other classes, you have to heal yourself and adaon/griss, the HP potions are very expensive, especially in early game playing.
I didnt mean to use hirge for cleric hirge can use intervension to get more health per mana investing in intervension will make her capable of taking and dealing a lot more dmg

In my latest fight with King of Korne i used intervention in Hirge skills, instant cooldown. Only that way he was killed, healing did not help. Both clerics 14 and 15 lvl without any weapon with death atribute. Also intervention helps to kill Mausoleum Lich at 7lvl and costs less points.

123Klutz

adding bandage would be a good solution, the bandage should be 50gold, stackable, only effective for player and companion, not useable during combat.

in this case Griss and Adaon will be more useful, meanwhile Hirge is still good since she can heal summons, and heal in combat. and she is still the most tanky one (intervention)

Asmond

And you can farm pots all the time if you like dungeon crawling for hp pots
Beginner lvls go to lanager mine
Then at lvl 7 or 8 go to uzrgand lair
On lvl 12 to 15 castle blue rock
Onl lvl 16 to 18 hill goants for apples "they also drop op equipment and lots of gold and diamonds and dmg pots"
In fact if you plan your game carefull you wouldnt need a companion in the first place they are only here to make the game easier for us

In my opinion 12-15 is bad idea. better to go earlier on hill goants where you can get more money so much faster

Keller.ZX-512

I play as a magician - a shocker, while Hirge is a wonderful tank for me, has high survivability and she very rarely has to treat me, most often only herself. I rarely give myself a hit, and if this happens, the mage’s improved shield helps well. Of course, I sometimes have difficulties with some bosses, but the tactics of the game can be thought up almost everywhere.

VDX_360

Staff member
It's not about being overpowered but about balance--sort of. But I can see how the expensive healing potions in the game can make cleric healing seem unfair.

Yes, Hirge and Cleric class gets insane healing abilities from using Deepfrost Cognac / Whitetower Special but at a trade off. As stated above, the sheer damage output of a Warrior or Mage makes them beasts in combat.

Clerics tend to have to have longer fights, do less overall damage and take more damage. Thus, the healing aspect helps them be viable.

All companions are immortal, so it's really in boss fights does Hirge's healing power make a difference for how long she stays in the fight. And if you make her a healer build, it's less skill points to spend on her combat abilities.

But overall, most players might find Cleric class a little easier in the game. It's worth noting that Clerics as a class got very little love on the forum at first because people had trouble adjusting to the lower attack ability.