Give me advices for mage pls.

Shinigami

Hello everyone. I have some questions for you. Pls answer if you can. :)
1.Can you tell me a powerfull mage build?
2.Which companion i should choose?
3.And i want a tanky companion then must increase her end right?

Argarath

1. Cannot answer because I haven't play a mage yet
2. Gris would be a perfect start up companion and easy to get from the start
3. Golem - Earth Mastery combined with Summoner is extremely durable

p4ran0id

Staff member
1. Summoner build with iron golem
2. First Gris, when you get a high level summoner use Hirge
3. Yes it is. And combined with Hirge it's a monster.

Only difficulty is ark, but that's only because you won't have a companion.

skills: staff/wand mastery, mage armor and mage barrier, earth elemental and summoner maxed. Besides precision shots and heavy hand (higher critical) is also worth to spend points to.

Lolerescut

There are mana builds that are op for mage it depends on your play style if you want a short fight but protected always go for iron golem build with mage barrier mana pool etc.
If you want a shorter fight but literarly a glass cannon get the first 3 skills for mage to max togethet with disentegrate and get adeon as ur companion together with ur skills only sewers monsters will last more than 3 sec "and the new quests for companions"
And you can combine the glass cannon build with tanky mage using iron golem the shock and fire skill with mage barrier etc.
Mage is op in all forms and doesnt need golem if he can insta kill for ex in ark distigrate+ shock skill can lead to insta kill

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
p4ran0id":22pwm3fu said:
Only difficulty is ark, but that's only because you won't have a companion.

This is not true at all. The ark was a walk in the park for my mage. Lighting attack + iron golem to tank the hits was an unstoppable combination that made the ark a lot easier then my first run with my warrior. Though of course, for that build I used all my skillpoints in skills that helped me beating the ark.

VDX_360

Staff member
Shinigami":2rqvf8qs said:
....Which companion i should choose?
I'll second the idea of using Griss at first, than switching to Hirge. At higher levels, esp after learning her advanced skills, Hirge becomes a beast. I strongly suggest building Hirge as a 1-hand weapon user (shield!) with healing as her only active skill, and maxing Duel. Use the other points to beef up her defense. As a mage, you won't hurt for damage output so having Hirge built to survive lets her serve as monster bait.