Shared Vaults?

benleen87

Just had this thought, and I’m sure it’s not new. But just wanted to throw it out there and ask if it’s a possibility? Sharing vaults between characters. Love the community here, and thanks for this amazing game David!

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
That really doesn't sound like a good idea. Being able to give every new character Ark gear from the very beginning would just make the game way too easy. It would also make it possible to gather every unique item so choices to pick an item would become less meaningful.

Also on another note I don't know what the ingame lore for this could be? Maybe the vaults are magical gates to alternate dimensions? Since the characters all go through the same journey so they can't exist in the same world together.

VDX_360

Staff member
Short Answer: Likely not.

Sharing equipment or special items between game files is increasing common in games, esp games that require to pay for such items (freeium, pay-to-win etc). However, in Exiled Kindgoms the game's balance takes into consideration available equipment and every slight improvement counts. As the poster above points out, starting the game with end-game equipment would really throw things off. Also, EK doesn't require in-game purchases for storage, special items, special equipment or for a special ending so there's no real benefit of sharing stuff between game files, except for the novelty of it and getting an edge on the game.

Besides, the game developer is an old school dungeon master. He likes to make you suffer to get that +1 increase in DPS.

Richarius

VDX_360":176j0r3p said:
Besides, the game developer is an old school dungeon master. He likes to make you suffer to get that +1 increase in DPS.

Which makes the game, all that much more fun to play! I haven't played real life DnD since the late 70's but I do fully understand the play point. Partiallly why, this is one of the best computer RPGs I've played in my life.

The request would throw the overall balance of the game way off as well as taking away a lot of the excitement that you feel when you accomplish a task. :eek:

WarNerve

BattleLord":21jpi5xl said:
That really doesn't sound like a good idea. Being able to give every new character Ark gear from the very beginning would just make the game way too easy. It would also make it possible to gather every unique item so choices to pick an item would become less meaningful.

Also on another note I don't know what the ingame lore for this could be? Maybe the vaults are magical gates to alternate dimensions? Since the characters all go through the same journey so they can't exist in the same world together.

No offense, but so what? It doesn't effect anyone but the person playing. If that's what they want to do, then so be it. The main reason I'd like there to be a shared stash is because I started off as one class, and then some time later I decided I liked another class better. So I wish I could give my gold and the health pots I bought to my new character. To each his own I say.

p4ran0id

Staff member
That would break the game balance, that way you could be op. The game is not designed for that.

Also, the development for that game is finished, don't expect any new changes or features.