Training massive critical

Chodronz

Hi,
I’m a newbie, have a standard warrior build, strength 3, endurance 4, agility 2. Have completed the fort assault quest near Kingsbridge. At Warriors Guild in New Garand and talking with sergeant Rakkus. I have the required funds to pay for either massive critical or precision strike but the dialogue box for massive critical training shows grey and I cannot train it. Dialogue box for precision strike shows brown and I can train that, but I want to train massive critical. What do I need to do to be allowed to train this skill? Or what might I be missing? My Varsilia reputation is 24. Any guidance/advice will be appreciated.

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
This seems like a glitch, but
-Have you completed the Bullfighting quest?
-Do you have 5,000 gold?
-Do you have Strength 3?
Other than this I can't think of any reason you wouldn't be able to train it. Is it possible you have Strength 2, and a belt is raising it to strength 3? You need base STR 3.

Chodronz

Thanks Zalvarez and Argareth for reply and analysis.

I checked my gear , but I don’t have a belt. I do have an oasis ring that gives me a +1 Endurance. But no belt or other gear that is raising my strength.

I did complete the bullfighting quest.

I have 5700 gold.

I do have a fine to pay for an uncompleted quest from the townhall in Lanneger and am wondering If that might have something to do with it, but unlikely since I can train precision strikes...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please show us a screenshot of your character window and skills window, and the training window with the disabled button. There must be an explanation.

Chodronz

Thanks DavidBVal for replying and the offer of help.

Nothing wrong with game at all.

I found my mistake.

I had forgotten that I had already paid Rakkus to receive the ability to train massive critical so that is why the training “button” in the dialogue box when interacting with him was gray. After paying I thought that the skill would show up somewhere on the main play screen or that I would be directed to do something to access the skill.

On the user interface screen for character skills training I did not notice that one of the shaded gray areas now had the outline of a human figure in it where previously there had been a question mark.
When I tapped it and opened the screen it showed where to allocate skills points so I was able to train it.

So this issue was one of my own creation, mostly from not familiarizing myself with the game mechanics and interface.

My apologies and thanks to all who provided input with the aim of genuinely trying to help.

Great game with depth and engaging gameplay. Great world building!