I really hate the Magistrate

p4ran0id

Staff member
Just talk with him the right way, he's a great guy, only misunderstood by the world :lol:

If you choose the right dialogue he's quite handsome

Argarath

He was only reasonable, after being found out to be a fraud and liar by his peers. And that was not enough, he would still turn on you until he found out the cost of his Immortality is INSANITY. And that also was not enough until he realised all his peers turned away from him, and he would become an Insane IMMORTAL all by himself, rotting away for millennia. Then yes he finally became reasonable.
People like him, so much like Raislin Majere, only turned away from their path when they realised the costs to themselves personally. They would see every human burnt if they can reap benefits from it without a care or delay.

Atomos

Humanity is probably doomed, Mercia has problem with legion deserters, and other kingdoms don't like their slavery, Thuram will blow up one day, Ilmara will be torn apart by religious war, and Varsilia is led by corrupted nobles who fight among themselves. Also don't forget that most of the time the kingdoms aren't friendly with each other, pirates are fighting everyone living by the sea, and Orcs also want to rise and conquer ;).

Besides, mental disorders of immortality can probably be taken care of. Nobody had simly chance to find a way, since the elders on Noutamet who probably gained the most authority, were struck with those effects first, and the crisis prevented any research. Some fresh faces with Magister as their leader could probably achieve it :).

Argarath

Humanity is DOOMED, let just finished them off anyway. I believe that would be the counter argument of an Evil aligned character :lol:
Anyway I think I will play one character through an Evil playthrough and join them just for kick :twisted: :evil:

VDX_360

Staff member
The Magistrate murders, robs, and lies as it suits his needs. He ONLY decides against going through the gate when it's proven to him that there's nothing to gain because the so-called immortality is flawed. It's slightly more nuanced than that, but knowing the world would be destroyed (well a good chunk of it) didn't stop him.

More proof of the Magistrate's narcissism is his assumption that the old world would just take them in as long lost relatives to be honored with immortality.

Xen

Loreseeker
The Magister isn't too bad but his personality dictates that he is an ambitious and selfish man. Every single person in reality are also the same as him, everyone of us with different personalities can make bad things which sometimes subjective because of the fact that we are born this way or developed this way by nature. Even lions and other animals, they are fierce and cruel but that is them, they do it because that's their way of living just like us humans eating fish and meat and dismembering the body parts.