Call of the Blood - beating vampires

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
Just tried my first run through of the Call of the Blood as a level 17 cleric on Iron Man. I failed miserably. I got to the Temple of the Blood with half health and no recoveries left, then gave up when I saw I had to run past a dozen immortal vampires.

Is there a way to stop the vampires before cleaning the fountains? Or am I supposed to just sprint past them all, get a trail of a hundred monsters behind me, and pray the archers don't stun me?

p4ran0id

Staff member
There are several "shortcuts", hidden doors that help you to avoid them.

RougeRogue

Just so you dont get the wrong idea, you cant avoid all the vampires, it's part of the difficulty.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Like so many other things in this game, it may look hard but really isn't if you plan accordingly.

You can reach all three fountains and avoid all vampires except one that is close to the SW fountain. If you leave that fountain for last, you just get hit a few times.

VDX_360

Staff member
Zalvarez0627":dwbwb9jq said:
Or am I supposed to just sprint past them all, get a trail of a hundred monsters behind me, and pray the archers don't stun me?
Well... that's one way. But if you play carefully, you really can avoid or sneak pass most of them. And if you get chased by one, using the layout of the area to loose it for a bit helps (those throw away summons come in handy).

I find the area a lot easier with being mindful of what Griss is doing. Her running off screen to fight vampires does not help sneak passed them. I tried explaining it to her a few times, but you know how Gris can be. See something. Kill something. No regards for discretion.

VDX_360

Staff member
DavidBVal":1qeaad4r said:
...if you plan accordingly.
I like to take a moment to ever so politely point out David just used the oldest, dung-heap of an excuse used by Dugenou Masters to explain why they just wiped out their friend's party. :)

Dead Hero #1: "What the heck, that troll was in a tank?!"
Dead Hero #2: "Undead tarrasques are not a real thing!"
Dead Hero #3: "Dammit Adaon, you were supposed to disarm that trap!"
Dungeon Master: "While it's not my fault you didn't plan accordingly, now shut up and roll for initiative."

Nothing scares me more than a DM that says "plan accordingly."