Newb Questions

123Klutz

Hi everyone, I am a pretty new player, My two heros are lv22 rogue (normal) and lv10 Cleric (hard). I've read many posts, but still need some help...sorry for my stupid questions if you have answered them elsewhere before..

Q1: The wiki says:
==========================================
Intellect 5
Mandatory for learning the truth about your ancestry, thus being able to join the Forsaken. Alternative: Personality 6 or learning the truth from The Undermother by killing Zuz'sare during The Prodigal Daughter.
==========================================
My rogue didn't have Int5 when last time talking to the Ghostly Figure, but she did kill Zuz'sare (the undermother gave a hint that my hero had been misled), nonetheless she still know nothing about her ancestry until the final debate

Q2, Does awareness increase the chance of finding traps? My cleric is suffering. I don't want to waste skill points in this sort of skills. (and I don't like Adaon either....Can I have another rogue? please)

Q3, Any advice for melee Cleric? Here's my current plan:

1H + shield, companion: Grissenda
Heal Wounds 3; Arbenos' Might 3; Holy Shield 4; Nivaria's Barrier 2; ;
Duel 3, Heavyhand 3, Massive Criticals 3, Precision Strikes 3, Body Development 2, Spiritual Ward 3,
optional: Intervention 3; Bloodlust 1-2; Crusader 2...etc

BTW, Does whirlwind have to knockback?? Grissenda is driving me crazy...

thanks a lot

VDX_360

Staff member
Q1: Did the ghostly figure tell you anything... odd? (trying to avoid spoilers). Keep in mind that even if you met the trait requirements, you still have to select dialogue options. Not sure if thata's the case here, but it does come up sometimes.

Q2: Per the Wiki and ingame information, each AWA point increase preception by 5%, perception being the chance to find traps and secret doors. Clerics, as a class, are well served by investing in the skill Thelume's Wisdom. See Wiki skills section for more info.

Q3: Your self-description "melee cleric" is an odd term since Clerics get no range weapons :) A cleric in the warrior's guild is well served by getting duel, which you have planned. I'm curious for your reason to avoid Sacred Fire. In the early game, that skill is devastating, esp to ghosts and undead. It remains an useful skill through the late game as well. Obviously not so useful against fire enemies.

Q4: Yes, whirwind has a knock back. If you find trouble with how Companions use knock back skills, you don't have to give them any.

Argarath

1. I was having the same issue answered recently. You need to do the Undermother quest to receive the hint, then SPEAK to the ghostly figure. You will no longer require 5 INT or 6 PER for him to reveal your true ancestry. Without that sequence of event you will not be able to get peaceful ending.
2. Yes or use Thelume's Wisdom II
3. I am trying a Cleric build atm but opted to join Cleric guild instead. I am trying a build I found on youtube Heal 3, , Nivaria's Barrier 2, Sacred Fire 3, Intervention 1, Arbenos's Might 1, Thelume 2, Battle Prayer 3, Flames of Faith 2, Guardian Wolf 3, Bloodlust 1, Precision Strike 2, Massive Crits 2, Body Development 2, Spiritual Ward 1
4. WW does have knock back

"melee cleric" is an odd term since Clerics get no range weapons :)

And what is Sacred Fire? A ranged weapon. Flames of Faith is the only AOE weapon and ranged too, not melee, nice skill for strong bosses.

123Klutz

thanks for your replies.

yes, should be the sequence...I finished the shards of fate before the daughter.

I call my hero "melee cleric" since I am not going to rely on summons :)

is Sacred Fire good in end game bosses (or mobs) fighting?

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
Q2: Honestly, you shouldn't even worry about traps. Whenever you're low enough on health to die, just use heal wounds. Any extra healing will go to your companion, so it's not a waste of mana. Also, Thelume's Wisdom is one skill point and discovers 75% of the traps nearby.

Q3: Sacred Fire 3 is insanely overpowered and by far the best Cleric skill. It's +16 DPS against most enemies and even better against undead/ice enemies.

I'd also consider joining Church of the Three for Flames of Faith. It depends on your play style, but it makes your companion invincible for 6 seconds and deals high spirit damage--unbeatable once you get to Sunken/The Underking/Ark enemies.

Arbenos' Might 1 is very good. 2 and 3 aren't worth the skill points or the extra mana cost.

Nivaria's Barrier isn't worth any skill points unless you plan to get Battle Prayer.

I've only played Cleric on Iron Man so I don't know how much Intervention is worth to you. I'd go for level 3 since it's only 3 skill points.

Holy Shield 4 isn't worth the skill points. If you really need help to take down undead bosses, get Turn Undead scrolls.

Crusader is really good. I'd at least get level 1.

Of course, all this depends on how you want to play :p Any skill can be better than any other skill, as long as you use it right.

VDX_360

Staff member
123Klutz":2rpyfbn3 said:
is Sacred Fire good in end game bosses (or mobs) fighting?
By end game do you mean the Arc? Arc enemies are immune to fire damage (that's where the EMP shock weapons come in), the Arc's unique boss (vague to avoid spoilers) has a 50 fire resistance so Sacred Fill do half damage.

Sacred Fire is more useful in 2/3 of the Sewer of Horrors.

123Klutz

Thanks guys, I think I play the cleric in a wrong way. I will build a new hero and try the helper + summoner parh :D

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
123Klutz":2cruy6mq said:
Thanks guys, I think I play the cleric in a wrong way. I will build a new hero and try the helper + summoner parh :D

You could always just pay 2000 gold to reset skill points. No real need to restart unless you want to join a different guild.