A few questions about new companion quests

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
I'm currently level 14 on iron man, and I'm wondering when I should go for Trial and Error and Call of the Blood.
-Am I a high enough level? I'm a cleric and I have plenty of potions. I don't need to beat any unique bosses, but I don't want to skip something I can't go back to later.
-Are there multiple endings? I know for Hirge's quest, there's only one option, plus some personality checks for bonus xp.
Thanks. I'll probably make a full walkthrough on the wiki after completing it if someone doesn't get to it first.

Edit: Spoil away please :p

VDX_360

Staff member
Trail and Error might be a bit easier for you (just DO NOT try to pick a fight with the King, come back latter for him.

Call of the Blood has a few more nasty fights (and a TRAIT check).

BUT... players have been able to complete all the Companion quests as soon as they appear in the game (Level 13?). It's a matter of build, playing style, difficulty etc.

It's no easy to compare the difficultly three advanced companion quests with each other. Hirge's quest has unique enemies (Shadow type) with a group fight, Adaon's quest has some heavy physical damage hitters and Griss' has the whole invulnerable vampire thing.

I ***MIGHT*** be tempted to say Hirge's is a little easier overall (with the right equipment, followed by Adaon's and than Griss. But that's really dependent on equipment and skills.

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
Can you ballpark where I would be guaranteed to not die? I can always spam potions or run out of the area.

And what checks/choices do I need to make for the best outcome?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Zalvarez0627":2qiv7vxk said:
Can you ballpark where I would be guaranteed to not die? I can always spam potions or run out of the area.
When it comes to running, Hirge's quest is probably the one with the least risk, because most of the time you have the chance to retreat. Only once you get trapped in some sort of cage fight (in the seal room) with a few enemies, that's it.

The other companion quests are different. You get trapped inside a dungeon with no other choice than working your way through it to find some sort of exit. Which seems much easier for Adaon's quest than Grissenda's.

So from this point of view, Hirge's quest indeed seems the savest for an Ironman, just prepare well before entering the seal room.

Daybreak

Well,grissenda quest,was easy.........if you ruuuuun fast enough and a bit int,yea i must admit that vampire were more stronger than normal mob(no joke),hirge quest were easier (tough forbidden pit were a pain in ass,being ganged by those shadow werent easy)as for adaon....his quest were easier,as long as you didnt picking a fight with the king,hell king of korne were the most difficult fight i had,(beside the lord of the pit,undermother and the horror (dimens-whatever it is)