Stuck on Call of Blood & Telescope (Spoilerinos)

SirDonkalot

Quality Update as always David , really like the mix out of Combat/Story/Puzzle Elements.

Call of Blood Quest:

Im missing the option in order to clean the Fountain(s) . With my first Character it was there right away. Im actually stuck now on the second run, because i cant figure out what makes the Option trigger to appear :mrgreen:

Telescope with Adaon:

I was running doungens looking for statuettes ( like the one in the wyverntail) for any hints with "holy numbers" or a direction.

Is the solution coming with the recent Updates? would appreciate a little clue..

VDX_360

Staff member
SirDonkalot":2ubpj29a said:
i cant figure out...
The Wiki says.... if your character was SMART enough to figure out those pesky fountains (hint). :)
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... _the_Blood
INT 3 Check.

The Wiki says... ten is not enough, and twelve is too much.
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... _and_Error
Also, in the journal, the guy mentions who he prays to... a certain number that has popped up a few times in regards to the old relegion.
11... as in The ELEVEN. So East, 11, should do the trick.

SirDonkalot

If i recall correctly, i dont think the fountain part showed the active Trait Check. Or maybe i wasnt aware of it.

ok so wiki states, there "might" be an other way , if that implies getting the tome and getting the quest done. Can anyone confirm thats possible with Int 0? Anyone who did it?

..and wow, that telescope answer...makes sense to me...atleast afterwards - knowing it :mrgreen:

ty for your help VDX

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
VDX_360":3kb9k903 said:
11... as in The ELEVEN. So East, 11, should do the trick.
Maybe I missed something, but where do you actually get the information to set the compass to the East? I just saw that Zalvarez0627‎ mentions in the Wiki walkthrough (thanks for writing this up, btw) that this is revealed by reading the book, but I couldn't find any hint there.

Of course, once you know the holy number you can just do it via trial and error (haha), but so far David always left some hints to make his puzzles solvable without reverting to this method. So I suspect that there is some definite clue that Andoria is to the East. Have I overlooked it? Can anybody enlighten me?

Argarath

From the position of the telescope vs landmass, the only logical setting would be either East or South, since we know they travelled by sea to reach this place a century ago

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
There's probably a more obvious clue, but on the world map, the "Sea of Andor" is southeast of the Kingdoms, and it wouldn't make much sense for Andoria to be to the South, since everything to the South is abandoned or already inhabited.

I sound like such a nerd.

VDX_360

Staff member
MikeB":v5mqxhif said:
Maybe I missed something, but where do you actually get the information to set the compass to the East?
There are multiple in-game references in the game indicating the original settlers came from a overseas land to the east. I think it's one of those "so obvious you missed it" types of references.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
I agree with all of you that there are a lot of indirect clues that Andoria is to the East. The south-eastern position of the Sea of Andor, the position of the telescope itself on the north-eastern edge of the Korne peninsula, the fact that New Anthur (lying at the East coast) is the oldest city on Varannar, and problably some more. So East is definitely the most probable direction.

I just wondered if there is a definite statement in the game which proves this theory. So I searched for some catchwords in the conversation files (that's the advantage if being a translator) and indeed found a single reference: The Oracle in the Ark mentions that most of the escape pods landed on a vast continent to the East, which clearly refers to Andoria.

But I doubt that anyone playing a new game will stumble upon this fact before doing Adaon's quest, so I guess the indirect clues have to do the job for most players.