help for crossing the animated waste in the sewer

ultima_spock

Translator
hi,

i am a mage level 24, with disintegrate, lignthning bolt and summoning skills maxed...
hirge is my companion and we have good gear (except my wand which is weak)
i have finally managed to kill lord carion, surprinsingly easily now, but now i am facing the animated wastes

i have a 203 resistance versus poison, so i can walk in the central area
but i cannot kill easily the monsters here

my strategy is to tease them so that i can lead them outsied where hirge waits me and we kill them here together, disintegrate helps a lot

but it seems the more i kill them the more they spawn.

is this normal? is there a limited number of toxic elementals there or no?
do they regenerate?

do you have any advice?

everything will be welcome

VDX_360

Staff member
I think the area spawns poison enemies at a decent rate, so if you're trying to lure one or two out at a time, you might be setting yourself up for an endless chain.

You MIGHT be better suited trying to dash in and hit the levers with Hirge and summons distracting the Animated Wastes. Than make a mad dash to the teleport.

ultima_spock

Translator
my god, this is exactly the type of answer i was fearing

edit: i died....i have to restart all the area...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
With a 203 resistance they shouldn't be doing much damage to you.

VDX_360

Staff member
ultima_spock":1nylhtjm said:
...i died...
First, you have my condolences. :-(

Second, how did you die? Did you get cornered by the enemies? As the video above shows, it's relatively safe to dash in and hit the levers. With a resistance of over 200, you're almost immune to the poison damage so only the physical hits from the animated wastes should be an issue.

ultima_spock

Translator
yes, i have been blocked by a serie of monsters...

i succeeded the second time. now i am blocked in the underlevels, the monsters are too tough for me, particularly the ancient guardians.

there are many monsters that are immune to lighting bolts, and this is my main armament. disintegrate is efficient but too costly.

I am levelling one level since it is easy to gain exp near berno...

Argarath

If you struggled, probably best to check through the wiki for what kind of monsters you will meet, their resistances, their attacks and prepare accordingly. I have no clue about mage, but I had an easier task with my warrior after bringing along certain resistance items and potions. I guess going in blind in Sewer of Horror can be a bad experience

ultima_spock

Translator
this is what i did, i have all the required gear to resist.

this is my armament that causes my weakness. my max dps is 25. i can easily kill fire and cold elementals, but i do not stand versus ancient guardian that are very resistant to physical damages.

the game is very hard for mages