Mercian Royal Crypt trap-room teleport glitch

Melterfaced

I teleported out of the crypt before activating the lever. Next time I came back, I couldn't get past the bars. What are my options?

VDX_360

Staff member
Known issue. Less of a bug than more of the consequence for escaping the trap via recall or teleport. The dungeon should reset after staying at an inn or if enough in-game time passes for the dungeon to reset. Typically shouldn't take too much in-game time to pass.

Once the trap is sprung, the gate is only lifted when all the enemies are killed or the lever is flipped. Neither is possible if you magically flee the crypt.

VDX_360

Staff member
Also, try to report suspected game problems in the Support section. It's more important for more serious issues but posting things in the right sub-areas does help keep the forum organized.

phbcarvalho

Hello, it happened with me, now in 2022 playing on Steam. First, I pushed the lever, to go out of the tomb and return to the city. Once in the Freetown I rested only 6h at the inn, because i still had 2 extra Recovery points, so I go back to the crypt, fulled with Extra Recovery. Once there at crypt, I passed throug the trap ( it closed the gates again), killed all monsters talked to the ghost scriber, finhished the quest "Mightier than sword", then in order to get out of the crypt, I arrived at the lever, by my unhappiness, the lever is already pushed to the right, impossible to open the gates once again. I do not have any scrool of teleport, I am definitvely trapped inside the crypt, unless I restart all path since the other saved game .

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Wait... what? What sorcery is this? The lever is broken? That's not supposed to happen. Unless...

*Staring suspiciously at Adaon*

Let me check the Mercian Royal Crypt Engineers Repair Manual...
1) Check if the lever is plugged in
2) Try switching the lever off/on again
3) Update the lever's drivers
4) Uninstall and reinstall the lever
5) Kick the lever really hard
6) Sacrifice a chicken and pray to Syllara

VDX_360

Staff member
@phbcarvalho , that is a known issue.

With a 6-hr rest, the trap gate re-sets, but the lever to open the gate doesn't re-set.
A 12-hr rest resets the entire dungeon so no issue.

phbcarvalho

Ok, I understood, so in this case all that we can do is; restart at the other previous saved game and do not repeat the "troubled path"? Thank you @

VDX_360

VDX_360

Staff member
Scroll of recall.

Carry a few them everywhere.
There might be a few in a chest.

VDX_360

Staff member
It's been reported a few times. I think the issue is that levers are coded differently than gates. That or David The Developer enjoys trapping players that way.

"Oh, so you thought you found the way out.... silly Player."