Banquo not talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fomcheg

Hi, all!
So it happends, that old Banquo does not want to talk with my PC.
All he says is "Landlubber ahoy!”, and only option available to me is "Calm down, old man (leave)" The relevant quest is active, I have two bottles of Friguld Rum in my PC's inventory and for the love of God, I can not remember what I choose talking with Cordelia, but Banquo is not cooperating at all.
Request help.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
if you haven't moved the related quest to a certain point, you have nothing to ask him about.

Fomcheg

DavidBVal":n9x1vsnn said:
if you haven't moved the related quest to a certain point, you have nothing to ask him about.

Please, can you be a little more specific on that? Here is what is written in the Wiki:
"Afterwards Cordelia will tell you that Laertes is currently missing and asks for your help to find him. The only hint she can give you is that the last time she saw Laertes he was enthusiastic about some rumours which, according to his own words, would make the play unforgettable. With little more info than that set out speaking to the people of New Anthur. Eventually you will encounter Polonius, who has no interest in Laertes' return and offers you a reward for making his absence permanent in case you ever find him. But the only one who is really able to provide useful information on the whereabouts of Laertes is Banquo down by the docks, a boatman and drunkard. Unfortunately, his lips are sealed as long as they are not moistened by some hard liquor. So buy two bottles of Friguld Rum from Leonato, who resides in front of the stage. The first bottle is needed for persuading Banquo to tell you a story of A Small Islet, where, according to rumour, living Manticores still can be found and which obviously was the target of Laertes. The second bottle is needed as payment to get you to the island itself."

Red color marks the point where I am stuck. So, I bought Friguld Rum and I came to Banquo, but to no avail.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
That hardly gives you anything to talk about to Banquo... talk to Cordelia instead.

Fomcheg

DavidBVal":1qqtaclx said:
That hardly gives you anything to talk about to Banquo... talk to Cordelia instead.

She only says "Hello there". I've talked to pretty much EVERYONE an New Anthur.
Could it be, that talking to Polonius, I answered something wrong and quest doe not advance properly? Now, he just tells me “You are a friend of those golden-skinned stinky foreigners. Don't get close to me."

p4ran0id

Staff member
[delete] Yes it's possible. You have to act right so that everyone likes it. Otherwise she will be angry.[/delete]

Just reload the last save and try it again (area save or Inn sleep before acting)

Edit: I was wrong, I tried every combination and she always talk to the player. (just to avoid confusion in the future)

Fomcheg

p4ran0id":2u4jtefx said:
Yes it's possible. You have to act right so that everyone likes it. Otherwise she will be angry.

Just reload the last save and try it again (area save or Inn sleep before acting)

Thanks, but I am afraid that is hardly possible, due to me first taking part in play, and after a while coming back to this quest. I just simply do not have relevant saves.
Maybe I can somehow edit my save file and rollback this quest to the beginning, or at least erase it from my journal altogether?

p4ran0id

Staff member
No it's impossible and talking about modifications is forbidden here. You have to start a new Charakter so maybe next time

Status
Not open for further replies.