Banquo not talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fomcheg

p4ran0id":2fvyaoj9 said:
No it's impossible and talking about modifications is forbidden here. You have to start a new Charakter so maybe next time

Oh, my OCD is going to hurt me SO MUCH!
Thanks, anyway.))

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Fomcheg":2dr8zl3b said:
DavidBVal":2dr8zl3b said:
That hardly gives you anything to talk about to Banquo... talk to Cordelia instead.

She only says "Hello there". I've talked to pretty much EVERYONE an New Anthur.
Could it be, that talking to Polonius, I answered something wrong and quest doe not advance properly? Now, he just tells me “You are a friend of those golden-skinned stinky foreigners. Don't get close to me."

Something strange here... what happened during the play, exactly? how did it end?

Cordelia should always offer the quest after the play, but it's as if it was interrupted and never concluded (i.e, you force closed the game in the middle of the script)

Fomcheg

DavidBVal":2ju6d4d2 said:
Fomcheg":2ju6d4d2 said:
DavidBVal":2ju6d4d2 said:
That hardly gives you anything to talk about to Banquo... talk to Cordelia instead.

She only says "Hello there". I've talked to pretty much EVERYONE an New Anthur.
Could it be, that talking to Polonius, I answered something wrong and quest doe not advance properly? Now, he just tells me “You are a friend of those golden-skinned stinky foreigners. Don't get close to me."

Something strange here... what happened during the play, exactly? how did it end?

Cordelia should always offer the quest after the play, but it's as if it was interrupted and never concluded (i.e, you force closed the game in the middle of the script)

Yeah, that could be the issue, as I was walking out of the subway and closed my tablet's case lid. It is fixable in any case or form?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Only by restoring a save, I am afraid. check all the autosaves available (area autosave, sleep, etc).

Fomcheg

DavidBVal":1yv1m5zh said:
Only by restoring a save, I am afraid. check all the autosaves available (area autosave, sleep, etc).

Only save that is viable is like 50 game days ago.
Oh, well. Thanks a bunch, all. I guess this topic may be closed then.

VDX_360

Staff member
Fomcheg":4wcthd14 said:
I just simply do not have relevant saves.
1) This is a great example of why making back up file is a good idea (export EK file) and periodically making a manual save file that isn't the inn save or quick save. To do that, when you have the save file option, save the file to a higher number than 0,1,2. I tend to use the bottom two files as my redundant saves in case of an issue.

2) I'm not fully understanding why the quest can't be completed. Even if you fail the acting part and get the negative reputation, the quest should still be triggered???? If thi isn't the case, perhaps the Wiki needs to be updated to reflect a dead end to the quest.

3) Forum Rule #3 prohibits discussion exploits, cheats and modifying the game so be mindful of that issue. It seems in the context at hand, the poster is seeking to solve a game issue so more of a de minimis issue but worth noting.

As I would like to understand exactly how the quest became a dead end, I'd like the original poster to reply with his or her dialogue options when taking the stage

EDIT: The poster's comment about closing the game just popped up. So this appears to be a bad timing with a forced close.

p4ran0id

Staff member
VDX_360":kgaqq3j5 said:
2) I'm not fully understanding why the quest can't be completed. Even if you fail the acting part and get the negative reputation, the quest should still be triggered???? If thi isn't the case, perhaps the Wiki needs to be updated to reflect a dead end to the quest.
Was mentioned before, he closed the app during the act.

Btw, I tried every combination but it's not possible to get that result by playing. Like David said before, the script stopped because of quitting and it's not possible to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.