Help ! My Golden Hand's reputation is -61 !

p4ran0id

Staff member
Start a new game. That's the only option.

You can get reputation by giving the medallion to the Grey hand in New Grand and by giving them the 4 books (instead of Loreseeker). So you have no chance with that character

moved to general Forum, that's not a bug

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
The only way to get such a low reputation with the Golden Hand is to attack their base and kill the golems there. So I fear that you did this all to yourself. Next time, try not attacking the ones you want to trade with.

VDX_360

Staff member
There's nothing vital at the Golden Hand shop so not really missing much. Sure, there a few potions at a slightly better price and a few nifty items, but nothing that can't be replaced with something better.

Like murdering an old man in the middle of the streets (Mad Wizard), daylight robbery of the Golden Hand Library is bound to have lasting effects.

On a random note, is it odd that breaking into the Library doesn't hurt your Freetown Reputation or any Kingdom Reputation? Robbing a bank from a greedy, violent tyrant gets a small ding (so long you don't kill any innocent people), but armed burglary of a library gets a free pass?

It says a lot of how much the Goldenhand is disliked by everyone.

p4ran0id

Staff member
VDX_360":3heithyr said:
On a random note, is it odd that breaking into the Library doesn't hurt your Freetown Reputation or any Kingdom Reputation?
it's a Freetown!

You can (theoretical) buy slaves, kill gladiators in the arena, try to rape a noble woman with some letters, massacre a thief middle at the street (and rob him after that) and so on! So, killing an old man guarded by golems is 'a normal day' at that town... ;)

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
VDX_360":1qn2urny said:
On a random note, is it odd that breaking into the Library doesn't hurt your Freetown Reputation or any Kingdom Reputation?

If I remember correct you do lose a bit of Mercian reputation from it?
And on the wiki it also says that you lose 5 reputation which is as much as robbing the bank (as long as you don't kill the clerk)

Theben

It says that Mercia is a kingdom of powerful merchants and soldiers, however in our own history the 2 seldom got along as they always vied for power. So hurting the guild wouldn't bother the warrior rulers so much, but disapprove of their mores and they'll let you know it (like publicly stating in Jabal slavery is wrong).

ultima_spock

Translator
do not worry, i am considered as their arch-ennemy with a rep at -100 :D
i robbed both the bank at friguld and their grey library...