Builds Calculator?

Owns

Loreseeker
I have an excel sheet to help me plan builds that I've been using, wondering if it would be worth creating a builds calculator tool on the wiki? I don't exactly know how to make one but if there's enough interest I could probably figure it out (maybe with some help :) ).

On that note, I think the data on the Classes page is not entirely accurate (it is close though) when it comes to base stats and stat increases per level. First thing to note is that the stats change from Hard to Normal difficulty. I think Casual uses the same stats as Normal, could be wrong though. For example for Mage (not counting HP bonuses from Endurance):
Normal:
  • Base HP = 20
  • HP / Lvl = 3
  • Total HP = Base + Lvl * (HP/Lvl)
  • Only have data up to lvl 3, which is too low for any rounding or decimal point effects to become apparent, if there are any.

Hard (Not 100% sure, but the closest I can get to fit the data I have is):
  • Base HP = 25
  • HP / Lvl = 3.75
  • Total HP = ROUNDDOWN [Base + Lvl * (HP/Lvl)]
  • Data points at first 3 levels, then level 10 and level 22. The Total HP formula in this case (above) fits exactly.

Could start with a simple Skills / Traits points planner/calculator, that simply allows you to put points into skills/traits according to a level you select with options for extra points from Ancient Tolassian Tomes, or other sources of bonus skills/traits points. Then after figuring out the exact progression formulas for each class (and difficulty) this could expand to a more complete planner/calculator allowing selection of gear and it would also calculate resulting stats (HP, MP, DPH, DPS, AC, Resistances, etc.) taking into full account all bonuses from skills, traits, and gear. Ideally, the final product would work (and look) just like your character screen. You select class, difficulty, level, gear, traits, skills, and it'll display your stats. It would limit you to what is possible at your level too.

I'd like to know if people are 1) Interested in having a tool like this, and 2) willing/able to help in any way :ugeek:.
Ways people can help:
1) If you already know how to do this... do it :p
2) David could possibly just tell us the progression formulas :lol:.
3) Experienced Loreseekers can help me figure out how to extract already existing stats from elsewhere in the wiki, if possible (like stat boosts from gear/skills, or cost of points of skills for each level of a skill). Or if you want to build it yourself (or help build parts of it) there's that option too ... :D
4) Anyone can help me confirm/figure out the progression formulas by sending screenshots of their character screen after unequipping all items, and indicating difficulty levels. If I could get 5 data points for each class at each difficulty, ranging in levels from 1 - 25, for example (Lvls 1, 5, 10, 20, 25) then I should be able to get an exact formula with confidence.

Owns

Loreseeker
Here is an example on the Dark Souls 3 wiki: https://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Build+Calculator

They seem to use an excel sheet that is build into the wiki page. They also have a link to an external calculator. The excel sheet method might be easier to implement if building an interactive calculator directly into the wiki is impossible. Not sure if it would require the stats from all gear separately from the wiki or if it can access them from the wiki directly.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Nice attempt, you have my support. For a start, you may have a look at this old thread, which basically had the same intention (although clearly outdated by now):
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10171

Concerning character stats: I know that enemy HP is increased by 25% on Hard and Ironman. Seems like the same happens with your character, at least your numbers fit perfectly. Not sure if this was intended by David or is actually an oversight, but let's be quiet about that... ;)

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
At some point we discussed bringing the abovementioned Excel sheet into the Wiki, but didn't know how to do it. Maybe we can learn from other Wiki's.i will have a look at it when time allows.