Where can I respec? Is it possible at level 7 as a Mage?

LairdWiz

OK, so I have a newly minted level 7 wizard who's a wand wielder. This is because at very low levels, before I could recruit Grissenda as a tank, the push-back offered by wand mastery and the ability to use a shield was necessary to my survival (I actually tried staves first, and got so frustrated trying to rescue that guy in the mines that I reloaded and went with wands instead). I continued using wands because the advice I got on this forum was to pick wand or staff and stick with it.

vmrCC9c.png

Then I found this cool staff in the Unknown Dungeon, but because I have two levels of wand mastery it actually lowered my DPS.
wIkWIAP.png

Also, looking at the wiki, it seems like there are more and cooler staves than wands available at lower levels. Is there a list of mage bucklers and other off hands somewhere,

I thought I'd be able to find someone to respec me in New Garand, but no luck so far? Do you have to join a guild? If so, does that mean a mage can't respec until they get to Icemist and join the Wizard's Guild?

If so, should I put skill points into staff mastery now or suck it up and keep using wands. Is there a list of mage off hands/bucklers anywhere?
brM3MTb.png

lfw5xdC.png

PS. This is my first play through, try to keep quest/plot spoilers to a minimum. Spoilers about areas, monsters, and items are fine.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You can respec at any of the NG guilds without the need to join them, you just need to do the quests that unlock access to them.